This post may contain affiliate links. Which means we may earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
You might have heard the news recently – people making tons of money off a glitch in Cash App. Sounds too good to be true, or is it?
We’ve thoroughly investigated the supposed cash app glitch and looked for real stories of people who’ve done it successfully.
Keep reading until the end to avoid getting scammed and wasting your time. If you’re in a hurry though, here are the main points from our research:
- Stories of people making money with the Cash App free money glitch are completely fake.
- There are real ways to get cashback with Cash App, such as purchasing items with their Cash Card.
- There are better ways to make money with apps like, earning rewards with LifePoints, playing games on AppStation, or getting cashback with MyPoints.
Table of Contents
- Does Cash App Have a Glitch That Gives You Free Money?
- 6 Legit Cash App Hacks to Get Free Money
- How to Protect Yourself Against Scams and Hacks on Cash App
- Wrapping Up: Is it Possible to Earn Free Money on Cash App?
Does Cash App Have a Glitch That Gives You Free Money?
Fact: Cash App’s glitch is simply a scam.
You might have watched videos and read reviews claiming that Cash App gives free money instantly by opening the app. Some even recorded videos showing that they can earn up to $2,000 per day.
However, this is not true at all.
So how does the scam work?
- Scammers create their own apps similar to Cash App. As a result, you can see from the different videos that the app doesn’t respond automatically since it’s only a replica of the real platform. These videos are often titled “How to Get Free Money on Cash App with No Verification?”
- They’ll instruct you to provide your email address before downloading the fake app.
- Since you have a fake app, you’ll also have a dummy account. You might notice free money on the replica app, but this doesn’t actually add up to your real account. Hence, you can’t withdraw the amount or send it to another bank account.
The scammers then sell your information, making you more vulnerable to other online scams.
Referral code glitch
Scammers get affiliated with Cost per Action networks to distribute a referral code, allowing you to download the app.
By installing the fake app, your card information and other personal details are compromised. The app serves as a way to access your phone and email address, which is connected to your other accounts.
Money transfer scam
Sometimes, scammers will also request a fund transfer so you can continue using the app, which allegedly gives free money.
For example, after you’ve accumulated $500, they’ll ask for $100 so that you can withdraw the amount.
You might think that it’s a good trade-off, but since you actually don’t have the money, you’re going to lose $100.
6 Legit Cash App Hacks to Get Free Money
After knowing that it’s a scam to earn $2,000 using the fake app, you might be wondering, “Are there legit ways to get free money on Cash App?” There are!
We’ve listed the top 6 ways to collect easy money on Cash App.
1. Receive a $5 sign up bonus
Here’s how you can have the sign-up bonus from Cash App.
- Download Cash App on iOS or Android devices.
- Provide your phone number or email address.
- Enter the secret code that Cash App sends to you.
- Link your debit card to your Cash App account.
- Ask a friend or family member for a referral code.
- On the Settings page, click the “Invite Code” field, then type the code from a friend.
- Send $5 within 2 weeks upon entering the code.
- Wait for the $5 to reflect on your account.
It’s safer to ask for a referral code from someone you already know since you’ll be assured that it’s from a legitimate source.
2. Get cashback from direct deposits
You can also get up to $50 when you receive a $300 direct deposit on your account. Some users tried sending $300 from their bank accounts, but this offer isn’t available for such transactions.
Check out the steps below to set up direct deposit.
- Open Cash App on your smartphone.
- Click the Banking tab, then choose “Direct Deposit.”
- Tap “Get Started” under the Automatic Setup.
- Search for your employer and follow Cash App’s prompts.
- Input the username and password for your payroll or benefits provider.
If you can’t find your employer from the list, you can also set this feature manually.
- Click the Banking tab, then choose “Direct Deposit.”
- Copy your account number and Cash App’s routing number.
- Send this information to your employer or benefits provider.
3. Get a debit Cash Card
Aside from extra cash, you can also enjoy discounts by using the Cash Card. You can have up to 10% off on purchases when you use the card.
Also, Cash App offers a $5 discount at participating merchants.
So how can you request the free Cash Card?
- Click the Cash Card tab located on the app’s home screen.
- Tap “Get Cash Card,” then click “Continue.”
- Follow the prompts provided on the app.
- Wait for up to 10 days for your Cash Card to be delivered.
- Add it to your Apple Pay or Google Pay accounts.
After receiving your Cash Card, here’s how to activate Boosts so you can take advantage of the discounts.
- Click the Cash Card tab.
- Tap “Save with Boost,” then select a Boost to add it.
Take note that some discount offers require a minimum purchase before you can start using them.
4. Activate Bitcoin Boost
You can earn Bitcoin when you select this particular boost and use your Cash Card on purchases. There’s no need to contact Cash App since it will automatically add the Bitcoin to your balance.
But first, you need to activate the Bitcoin Boost by following the steps on the previous hack.
So how can you deposit Bitcoin to your account?
- On your home screen, click the Bitcoin tab.
- Click Deposit Bitcoin.
- Copy the Cash App Bitcoin address with an external wallet.
- Input your PIN to confirm the linking process.
You can check your Bitcoin balance by clicking the Investing tab and selecting “Bitcoin.”
5. Earn referral bonus
You can take advantage of the 5-dollar hack when a friend or family member uses your referral code. This is almost the same process involved in getting the sign-up bonus, but this time, you’re the one giving the code.
Check out these steps on how to get the referral bonus.
- Make sure your friend has a new Cash App account.
- Tell your friend to input the code during the sign-up process.
- Your friend must link a debit card or bank account to the Cash App.
- You can only get the extra $5 when your friend sends $5 within 14 days after providing the code.
After you’ve satisfied all the requirements, you can wait for the invitation bonus to reflect on your account.
But what are the other ways to get free money on Cash App? You might be surprised with this one.
Did you know that Cash App sponsors contests on social media sites, such as Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok?
You can win up to $500. Cash App chooses ten people to win the grand prize.
For the second prize, the company selects 20 people with a grant of $250 each. Lastly, 100 people win $100 each.
Cash App usually announces the Super Cash App Friday giveaway on Twitter. In 2020, it held the contest on January 31. You might want to tap the bell from Cash App’s profile so you can get notified.
How can you join the giveaway?
- You need to have a Twitter, Instagram, or TikTok account.
- Follow the official Cash App accounts on social networking sites.
- Leave a comment on the Instagram or TikTok post or retweet the Twitter post with your $Cashtag.
If you’re one of the lucky winners, Cash App will send you a private message to any accounts you’ve used.
How to Protect Yourself Against Scams and Hacks on Cash App
Although Cash App offers a legitimate giveaway, it doesn’t stop scammers from soliciting money from the app’s users.
Here’s how it works:
- Scammers will post a giveaway announcement that offers a big amount of money with the added statement that it’s for charity purposes. They’ll use hashtags like #CashAppgiveaways and #emergencyfunds.
- Everyone who joined the contest will receive a message from the fake Cash App representative, asking for a clearance fee so the person can claim the monetary award.
- The scammers will block the participants who paid and use the money for personal gain.
You can follow these tips to avoid Cash App scams:
- Transfer funds only to people you know.
- Follow only the verified Cash App social media accounts for legitimate announcements.
- Be wary of Facebook ads that promise free hundreds of dollars on Cash App.
- Never give away your sign-in code since no Cash App representative will ask for it.
- Sign in only through the app, and don’t use any other link which will redirect you to an unsafe website.
Wrapping Up: Is it Possible to Earn Free Money on Cash App?
You can try various ways to get extra money on Cash App: using a referral code, joining official contests, getting a Cash Card, and activating Boosts. Through these legit hacks, you can get up to $500 without falling prey to scammers.