This post may contain affiliate links. Which means we may earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
It’s no secret that grocery shopping can be expensive. Between the cost of groceries, gas, and time spent in the store, it adds up quickly. But with Fetch Rewards, you get the opportunity to save on these expenses by getting cashback for your purchases. Just take pictures of your receipts and upload them on the app!
This may sound too good to be true. Can you really earn rewards by uploading your receipts on the app? Maybe you are wondering if Fetch Rewards is legit. Does Fetch Rewards actually work?
We’ve got answers to all your frequently asked questions about this rewards app and whether it’s worth downloading! If you’re in a hurry, here are some highlights:
- Fetch Rewards is a legitimate app, with many users getting cashback successfully.
- Fetch Rewards makes money by selling your purchase data to companies. You must consider if you are comfortable with this.
- The biggest con is that you have to upload about 40 receipts to make one measly dollar! We believe there are better cashback apps like MyPoints, which gives you up to 40% back, a $10 welcome bonus, and even discount coupons.
Table of Contents
- How does fetch rewards work?
- What is the fetch rewards points value?
- What types of receipts are accepted by fetch rewards?
- What types of receipts are NOT accepted by Fetch rewards?
- Why was my receipt rejected by Fetch Rewards?
- Is fetch rewards a scam?
- Does fetch rewards steal your information?
- What does fetch rewards do with your information?
- How does fetch rewards make money?
- Does fetch rewards steal credit card info?
- Is fetch rewards dangerous?
- Can fetch rewards be trusted?
- Is fetch rewards worth it?
How does fetch rewards work?
Fetch Rewards is an app that allows you to earn points that you can exchange for gift cards for using it. There are different ways to earn rewards but the primary way is by scanning and uploading pictures of your receipts when you make purchases. By uploading a receipt, you can earn a minimum of 25 points!
For the receipts to be accepted, you need to upload the receipt within 14 days of the transaction. You also need to upload the full photo of the receipts with the following info shown:
- Store name
- Store logo
- Checkout date
- Checkout time
- Total amount spent on the transaction
Aside from uploading receipts, you can also earn points by buying products from Fetch’s brand partners or featured products, completing special offers, and referring friends to use the app.
When you buy a featured product from their brand partners, the extra points will be automatically added to your account. Once you accumulate enough points, you can exchange these points for gift cards such as Amazon.
What is the fetch rewards points value?
To get $1 cashback, you need to earn 1,000 points. For your first redemption, you need to reach earnings equivalent to $10 (10,000 points), and succeeding redemption will only have a minimum of $3 (3,000 points).
What types of receipts are accepted by fetch rewards?
According to Fetch, you can upload ANY receipt from any store or restaurant to receive points. They claim that they do accept physical receipts from almost all physical retailers. But many Fetch users are still confused about what kind of stores are eligible. Questions including “Can I scan gas receipts on Fetch rewards?” are often asked by users. To answer that question, yes you can scan gas receipts on fetch rewards.
Other examples of these physical retailers include:
- Grocery stores
- Club wholesalers
- Convenience stores
- Liquor stores
- Hardware stores
- Home goods stores
- Gas stations
- Pet stores
- Clothing stores
- Sporting goods stores
Fetch Rewards also accepts e-receipts from around 50+ online retailers that they have partnered with. if the online retailer is not on the list, then your e-receipt will not be accepted.
What types of receipts are NOT accepted by Fetch rewards?
While Fetch Rewards claim on their website that they accept any receipt, this is not entirely true. There are still receipts that Fetch does not accept. What kinds of receipts are not accepted by the Fetch app? Below is a list of transactions that are not presently accepted:
- Movie tickets
- Concert Tickets
- Public transportation stubs
- Airline tickets
- Receipts from a service provider
- Receipts from returning an item
Why was my receipt rejected by Fetch Rewards?
Aside from the listed types of receipts that are not accepted, Fetch also has other reasons for rejecting a receipt. Below are some possible reasons why your receipt might be rejected:
- The receipt has incomplete information with one or more required info not shown in the image.
- You have an outdated version of the Fetch Rewards app.
- The receipt has already been submitted into the Fetch system.
- You uploaded a receipt more than 14 days after the transaction date.
- You already uploaded 35 receipts in a 7-day period which is the receipt snapping limit.
Is fetch rewards a scam?
Fetch Rewards is a legitimate rewards app, therefore it is not a scam. Many users have successfully used the app and redeemed points. However, there are some users who have complained about the app, the receipt uploading process, and how it works in general.
Some people are also disappointed at how low the earning potential is with the app and how long it takes for them to actually get the minimum earnings to cash out. But this does not make Fetch a scam. So if you’re asking: Is Fetch app legit? The answer is yes.
Does fetch rewards steal your information?
A lot of people using Fetch Rewards or those who are still considering using the app are wondering whether it is safe to use the app. Can Fetch Rewards be trusted? Does the app steal your information?
Information You Provide
- Personal info you provided Fetch (Name, Telephone Number(s), Birth Date, Email Address, Billing Address, Shipping Address, any photo you provide for use as your profile, other information you provide)
- Email log-in credentials for eReceipts
- Friend information from “Refer A Friend” referral code
- GoodRx Info if you use this with Fetch
- Social media log-in and the info you allow to share if you sign-up via Facebook
Information Fetch Automatically Collects
- IP address
- Date of Birth
- Unique device ID
- App usage details including all the info in the receipts you uploaded, the offers you claimed, your rewards, what you redeemed, discounts, etc.
- Your location
- Publicly available information about you
What does fetch rewards do with your information?
According to Fetch, they collect user information to better engage and offer better services to their users. But in essence, Fetch uses the information you provide to share it with their brand partners.
- Participating brands
- Fetch service providers
- Fetch business partners
- People in your Fetch friends’ list
- 3rd Parties like GoodRx, government agencies, acquiring companies
How does fetch rewards make money?
Fetch Rewards make money through affiliate commissions from their brand partners. As it is a market research company, it also earns money by selling your purchase information including the details of the receipts you uploaded to different companies.
Does fetch rewards steal credit card info?
No, Fetch does not collect credit card info and it does not require you to link your bank account to the app.
Is fetch rewards dangerous?
At this time, there is no evidence to support the claim that Fetch Rewards poses any danger to the user. However, if you are not comfortable sharing your purchase history with all the Fetch brand partners, you might want to think twice about using the app.
Can fetch rewards be trusted?
Fetch Rewards is a legitimate receipt-scanning cashback app. The answer to the question of whether the app can be trusted will depend on what you are concerned about.
If you are concerned whether Fetch Rewards will pay you in exchange for the points you earned, then yes, you can trust that you can redeem your gift cards once you reach the minimum points.
However, if your concern is privacy, then you have to know that while Fetch claims your personal info will be kept private, some of the info you provide may still be shared with other parties and the data on your receipts may be sold to third-party companies.
Is fetch rewards worth it?
If you are a frequent shopper at physical stores, using Fetch Rewards could be a good way to get a little extra. It only takes a few seconds to snap a picture and upload a receipt.
However, you should be aware that the earning potential with this app is not very high. As mentioned in the earlier section, one receipt only earns you 25 points. Assuming you don’t really make an effort to buy from their brand partners, you will need to upload 40 receipts at 25 points each to earn $1.
Plus, you have to take note that there is an upload limit of 35 receipts within a 7-day period. So the maximum number of points you can earn in a week if you don’t buy from brand partners or redeem any offer is:
- 35 receipts x 25 points each = 875 points per week
- 875 points x 4 weeks = 3,500 points equivalent to $3.50 per month
If you’re cool with earning a few extra bucks a month in exchange for a few seconds of uploading a receipt then you might find this app worth the effort. But if you are very sensitive about your privacy, you might not be comfortable sharing all your purchase history for a couple of dollars.