Who doesn’t love free stuff? Did you know you can have free clothes, even from known brands and other people who want to swap clothing?
It may sound like a scam, but we learned that you could get free clothes without paying anything, so we've researched to gather the most recent ways to try.
We've searched official sites, verified their free clothes programs, and read reviews from independent sites.
You can score free clothes at no cost and save money, so keep reading until the end. Avoid paying for clothes that you can actually get for free if only you knew.
Here are the top places where you can get free clothes:
You can recommend clothing brands to your family and friends in exchange for referral bonuses.
Stitch Fix provides personal styling for women, men, and kids. It also delivers clothing and accessories, personally picked for a $20 styling fee.
You can enjoy free women’s clothes by referring a friend and getting up to $599 annual credit.
Here’s how you can join Stitch Fix’s referral program.
- Visit the Stitch Fix website, then click the “Sign In” button.
- Once redirected to the next page, scroll to the bottom, then tap “Sign Up.”
- Input your email on the sign-up page.
- Type your name and zip code, then select your style quiz: women, men, or kids.
- On the homepage, click “Refer” to copy the referral link.
You can instantly unlock $20 referral credits after your first purchase, and you can also get another credit when your friend buys from the brand.
ThredUp is an online thrift store for high-quality used clothing.
You can enjoy up to $580 annual credit when you sign up and refer a friend.
You can follow these steps to get free clothes from this store.
- Go to the ThredUP website.
- Click “Sign Up,” located at the top of your screen.
- Type your email address and password on the next page.
- After creating your account, go to the Sharing page to copy the link.
Like the Stitch Fix program, you can also receive your credit once you buy from the brand. You can also get a bonus after your friend buys items from the website.
Clothing swap sites
If you have unwanted clothes, you can post them on clothing swap sites to get new ones.
Rehash offers an online platform where you can trade clothes, makeup, and other accessories.
With Rehash, you don’t need to spend first before getting store credits. Here’s how you can swap clothes through this website.
- Visit Rehash website.
- Tap “Start Swapping for Free.”
- On the next page, type your username, email, and password.
- Click “Rehash Something” on the left sidebar once you’ve already created your account.
- Provide the title, category, condition, size, and description of the clothes you’re willing to swap.
- Once your post is published, you can now “Request a Trade” from other users. They can also make an offer if they want your clothes.
Freecycle is a non-profit organization that gives and gets stuff for free. But before having apparel, including free men's clothing, you need to register on the website.
- Go to Freecycle’s website.
- Tap “Sign Up” in the upper right corner.
- Provide your username, email, and password.
- Under the profile icon, choose “My Towns” to join a group near you.
- Type “clothes” or any related keyword on the search bar.
- Reply to your selected post.
If you want to pick up the items, you can search for available locations by visiting its “Find a Town” page.
Online clothing giveaway
E-commerce websites often have a section for free stuff where you can get second hand clothes.
OfferUp, an online marketplace, allows you to score free clothing. It’s a buy and sell group, but there’s a section where people can give away used items.
You can contact the seller through a meet-up or online chat. If you select the pick-up method, you need to personally meet the person who listed the clothes to get the used items. You can also opt for the garments to be shipped.
Check out the steps below for free clothes.
- Download and open the OfferUp app.
- Type “clothes” or other related words on the search bar.
- Sort the listings based on price to see the free garments.
Free clothing closets
Kind-hearted individuals have initiated free clothing closets that offer garments for all seasons.
Salvation Army is an evangelical movement that aims to help people in need through programs like holiday gift-giving, food pantries, and LGBTQ support.
You can get coats from this organization, but take note that this is a seasonal initiative.
Here’s how you can have a free coat from Salvation Army.
- Visit the Salvation Army website.
- Type your zip code on the search bar.
- On the next page, you can see the nearest donation centers.
- You can contact them by telephone or go to the indicated website.
Each center provides different freebies, so it’s important to communicate with them first. For example, the Salvation Army in North Carolina gives $30 worth of clothing assistance to low-income households.
Community Clothes Closet
Community Clothes Closet provides free garments to people in need. But first, you need a referral from the company you’re working with.
You can also ask referral from a Wisconsin-based organization, such as:
- St. Joseph’s Food Program
- St. Vincent de Paul
- Salvation Army
- Harbor House
After that, you can already visit the shop in Menasha, Wisconsin. Community Clothes Closet requires one photo ID before you can enter the premises.
|Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday||10:00 AM to 12:45 PM|
|Monday Evening||6:00 PM to 7:45 PM|
Cashback and survey reward sites
You can take advantage of cashback websites to earn points, which you can use to buy your newest clothes.
Rakuten helps you earn cashback that you can use to purchase clothes, shoes, and other products.
Here’s how you can collect points on Rakuten.
- Visit the Rakuten website, then click “Sign In.”
- Once a pop-up box appears, scroll down, then tap “Join Now.”
- Type your email address and password to create an account.
- Click “Add to Chrome” so you can earn more points.
- You can expect cashback every time you buy from shops through Rakuten.
Rakuten will send your cashback every three months through PayPal or check.
Like Rakuten, Ibotta allows you to earn cashback whenever you shop online. You can also use it to shop for groceries.
After signing up at the Ibotta website, you can link your loyalty accounts to have more points. You can also send receipts to the Ibotta app.
Here’s how you can redeem cashback.
- Choose the “Withdraw Cash” option, then click “Paypal.”
- Link your PayPal account.
- Enter the dollar amount you’d like to withdraw. You can only receive cash once you’ve earned $20.
- You can then use it to buy new or used clothes.
Swagbucks lets you earn cashback whenever you do any of the things listed below.
- Answer surveys
- Scan receipts
- Use Swagbucks search engine
- Play online games
- Try new products and services
- Dine out
- Install free apps
- Play live trivia
- Watch videos
You can get cashback by signing up on Swagbucks’ homepage.
Here’s how you can redeem your money.
- Go to settings, then choose “Redeem SB.”
- Select from the reward options, such as “Gift Cards You Can Afford Now,” “Most Popular Rewards,” ‘On Sale Rewards,” and “Featured Gift Cards.”
- You can receive your money through PayPal, gift cards, or prepaid cards.
- On the next page, tap “Claim a Gift Card.”
- After that, confirm your home and email address.
- Swagbucks will send you an email or ask a question to verify your identity.
You can use the gift cards to purchase clothes or spend money from your prepaid cards or PayPal account to look for new outfits.
Survey Junkie also gives rewards every time you answer surveys. You can earn $0.20 to $3.50 per survey.
After registering on the website, you’ll be asked to provide personal information. This process will help Survey Junkie to match you with questionnaires.
Once you've reached $10 or 1,000 points, you can redeem your money through PayPal, direct bank transfer, or gift cards.
Clothing brands' loyalty programs
Most popular brands have loyalty programs, which allow you to collect points in exchange for money.
You can get a $10 birthday gift if you join Victoria’s Secret Credit Card Program. First, you need to provide your email address. Second, you need to purchase in the previous year to qualify.
You can also get a $30 bonus when you spend $500 within 90 days after opening your account. This is a one-time offer, and you need to use it in other establishments like restaurants.
So how can you join this program?
- Visit Victoria’s Secret website.
- Under the Victoria’s Secret Credit Card banner, tap “Apply Now.”
- On the next page, choose “Create Account and Apply.”
- Provide your first name, email address, password, and location.
- Lastly, you need to select between The Victoria Card and Pink Card. There’s no difference regarding offers, so choose based on the design.
You can also get rewards when you join The Nordy Club. You need to reach 1,000 points to get a $10 Nordstrom Note that you can use to buy clothes from the brand. You’ll get one point per $1 you pay.
Here’s how to apply for the Nordy Club Rewards.
- Go to the Nordstrom website.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, then click “The Nordy Club Rewards” under Nordstrom Card & Rewards.
- On the next page, tap “Apply Now.”
- Enter your email address, full name, password, and mobile number.
You can now manage your membership and collect points.
Credit card reward points
You can also use your card’s reward points for shopping. Usually, banks have an online portal where you can select how to redeem your points.
Depending on your card issuer, you can receive them through direct deposit, check, or a statement credit. After that, you can already shop for new or used clothes.
Brands give influencers and bloggers free clothes, especially if you have a dedicated follower base.
Here’s how you can get started as a fashion blogger.
- Choose your niche since this will make your blog different from the others.
- Think about a unique domain name and use free website builders like Wix and WordPress.
- Publish articles consistently and promote your blog on social media.
After that, you can wait for clothing companies to send you free clothes or contact them and ask if you can get free clothing from the brand in exchange for a review.
Product testing programs
You can join sports companies’ product testing programs for a chance to wear their products for up to two months.
Most brands have product testing programs to let customers assess their newest collection.
You can get shirts, shorts, and sports apparel when you get selected as a Reebok product tester.
- Go to the Reebok product testing page, then click “Get Started.”
- Answer questions regarding your apparel size, physical activities, and personal information.
- After that, you can already wait for Reebok’s email to know if you’re qualified.
Under Armour offers another legit product testing program where you can get free shirts, pants, shorts, gym clothes, and other sports gear.
First, you need to visit the Under Armour Field Testing page and click “Apply Here.” On the next page, type your email and answer queries about your physical activities and size details.
Under Armour will send instructions in your email regarding the next steps.
You can join the Glamorise Wear Test Panel if you need a free bra.
Here’s how you can have a new undergarment without paying for anything.
- Go to the Wear Test Panel page, then enter your email address.
- Answer forms regarding size details and personal information, then wait for Glamorise’s email for your application status.
Wrapping Up: New and Used Clothes for Free
Several brands and organizations offer free clothes or credits that you can use to buy new outfits. You can participate in referral programs, swap clothes, visit free clothing closets, collect reward points, join loyalty programs, use credit card points, start a fashion blog, and become a product tester.