This post may contain affiliate links. Which means we may earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Do you feel like everything’s great when you listen to music?
It doesn’t end with that. Did you know it’s possible to earn up to $100 by listening to music?
We’ve checked dozens of sources to develop a list of decent-paying websites and places that won’t scam you.
Backed with dozens of reviews from actual users and information from official sources, we’re able to provide you with a guide on how to earn extra cash by listening to music.
Here, you’ll also find pro tips to make the most money while listening to classics and unreleased songs.
Avoid wasting time trying to earn money from other side gigs that don’t pay much or require so much effort.
Let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
- 9 Ways to Make Money Listening to Music
- 9 Websites That Will Pay You for Listening to Music
- Equipment You Need to Make Money Listening to Music
- Tips to Make the Most Money Listening to Music
- Can You Make Decent Money Listening to Music?
9 Ways to Make Money Listening to Music
Here are a few ways to get paid to listen to music. You can also discover how you can get money from each gig.
1. Watch music videos
It’s like normally listening to your favorite artists’ music videos. The difference is that most singers who pay people to watch their music videos are just starting in the industry.
First, you need to find websites that offer money in exchange for listening to music videos, such as Earnably, Slice The Pie, and PlaylistPush. Second, sign up or contact the said company. Lastly, take note of the quota you need to reach to cash out your funds.
Potential income: $2 per day, depending on the available clips.
2. Provide feedback to radio stations
With the rise of the internet and streaming sites, you might think that radio stations have become obsolete. But, Statista reported that in 2020, there were still 15,445 commercial radio stations in the US.
Before releasing a song, radio stations want to know what will be the next big hit. To do this, they ask for feedback from listeners like you. In turn, you can listen to music for money.
Some websites to check out:
Potential income: $10 per month
3. Transcribe lyrics
Aside from passively listening or watching, you can also earn extra cash by transcribing lyrics. This job might be more difficult than the two mentioned above since you need to actively listen and type the lyrics. The good thing is that you can expect more earnings with this side hustle.
In the next section, you’ll discover some sites that offer money for transcription work.
Potential income: $4 per transcribed song
4. Answer paid surveys
You can also get paid for reviewing songs. As new artists release their first songs, they need valuable comments and suggestions from avid listeners. This way, they can improve their songs and adapt to the recent trends.
So how can you provide feedback to these young singers? You can participate in surveys released by certain websites, like Research.fm, Slice The Pie, and Hit Predictor. Most often, you need to sign up, wait for questionnaires, answer queries, then collect points in exchange for money.
Potential income: $0.20 per review
5. Join focus groups
Aside from surveys, independent musicians also turn to focus groups on getting indispensable feedback. As a result, they can receive a fresh set of ideas on how their music can appeal to the target audience.
So, where can you find focus groups?
You can search on Craigslist for music focus groups. Note that some websites which offer paid surveys are also connected to companies that administer focus groups.
Potential income: $30 per focus group
6. Curate music
Fun fact: You can get paid to listen to music on Spotify! After listening to tracks sent by independent artists, you can curate a playlist based on different categories. Some curators arrange songs according to their vibe, while some sort music according to the genre.
With over 180 million premium subscribers, Spotify is a great avenue to help increase the followers of new singers and bands through unique playlists.
Potential income: $6 per every song
7. Work in a record store
Record stores are full of musical gems—from the classics to the pop music widely enjoyed today. In this job, you’ll listen to songs all day and assist customers to ensure they get their most desired album.
Often, your tasks include playing and creating a playlist for the day. This way, you can promote albums, especially to those undecided about what they want to purchase.
Here are some record stores you can work for:
Potential income: $18 per hour
8. Start a music podcast
A music listener job is not the only side hustle related to the industry. You can also try starting a music podcast where you provide unique content. One way to start a podcast is by playing songs that appeal to your target audience.
After that, you can already widen your reach. As your followers increase, some brands may sponsor your podcast.
Some music-focused podcasts to check out:
Potential income: $10 per episode for new podcasters
9. Try affiliate marketing
Once you already have many followers on your social media page or blog, you can reach out to some brands for affiliate marketing.
What’s affiliate marketing?
It involves earning a commission for every product or service sold through your advertisement. It’s common for affiliate partners to provide a code or custom link that customers can use so the brand can track how many people you’ve persuaded to buy their products.
Potential income: 5% to 30% per product sold
9 Websites That Will Pay You for Listening to Music
Now, it’s time to discover the websites and apps that pay you to listen to music. We’ve grouped the sites according to the primary task you need to do.
1. Current Rewards
Current Rewards offers a free app for iOS and Android phone users. According to the website, you can earn up to $600 per year, but some users said that they only earn around $150 annually.
So how can you earn money through Current Rewards?
- Download the Current Rewards’ iOS or Android app.
- Enter your phone number, email address, or Facebook account.
- Verify through a message sent to your phone, email, or Facebook.
- Select your country.
- At the bottom of your screen, request to join the program.
- Start accumulating points by listening to songs.
Take note that you need at least 1,000 points to get $1. Also, Current Rewards require a minimum of 8,000 points for every cashout.
You can redeem points in 3 ways.
- Gift cards from brands
- Products and electronics
- PayPal Cash
Earnably gives rewards when you watch music videos, complete tasks, and answer surveys. You can cash out $2 for every 225 points collected.
Take note that not every five-minute video has the same points. For example, some videos are equal to 23 points, while others add 58 points to your wallet.
If you can watch 3 videos, each worth 58 points, then you can make $2 a day. However, it depends on the available clips.
Here are the steps to get started on Earnably.
- Go to Earnably’s website.
- Click “Sign Up,” located on the upper right corner of the homepage.
- Input your email address, username, password, and phone number.
- Click Enter.
- Wait for the confirmation email, then follow the required steps.
- Log in to your Earnably account, then start watching videos.
3. Radio Earn
Now, let’s get you listening to the radio, but with extra income.
RadioEarn is a website that pays people to listen to radio stations. If you earn 3,000 points per month, expect to withdraw $10 per month or $120 per year.
How can you join RadioEarn?
- Go to RadioEarn’s website
- Tap “Sign Up,” located in the upper right corner of the page.
- Provide your username, full name, email address, and password.
- Log in to your account, then click the radio links.
- Claim your points every 15 minutes.
You can redeem RadioEarn points in 3 ways.
- Bank transfer
- Amazon Gift
Cash4Minutes is a get-paid-to website for listening to internet radio broadcasts using your monthly unused phone minutes. You can earn $0.05 to $0.1 per minute of listening to songs.
Here’s how you can use Cash4Minutes.
- Go to the website.
- Navigate through the home page, then click “Sign Up.”
- Type your full name, email, and password on the next page.
- Log in to your account, then choose a number to dial so you can listen to music.
If you enjoy listening to songs while typing, try applying at WeLocalize. Based on its name, the company focuses on localizing and translating content.
You can make $4 for every transcribed song. Unlike the other websites, there are no minimum points before cashing out your earnings. Every week, WeLocalize issues payment through HyperWallet.
Follow these steps to become a freelance transcriber.
- Go to WeLocalize website.
- Under the “Company” tab, click “Careers + Community.”
- Scroll down, then tap “Explore WeLocalize Careers.”
- On the next page, click “Explore WeLocalize Communities.”
- Search for a transcriber job, then tap the “Apply” button.
Research.fm requires participants like you to answer music surveys for money. Unlike the sites mentioned above, the company does phone surveys.
Also, note that Research.fm only discloses the payment until you join the survey.
To inquire about the program, visit Research.fm’s website, then click the “contact us via email” link to communicate your willingness to join the survey. You can also call the company at 1-877-686-0999.
7. Slice The Pie
Slice The Pie is a review site with millions of reviewers earning cash by giving feedback on different products and services. Depending on the video or audio, you can earn $0.01 to $0.20 per review.
Ensure that you have a PayPal account since this is where you can withdraw your income.
What are the steps in using Slice the Pie?
- Download the iOS or Android app of Slice the Pie.
- Register by providing your full name, email, password, and gender. Use your PayPal account’s email address.
- Log in to your account, listen to songs, then give reviews.
As its name suggests, HitPredictor lets you review songs before they’re released to the public. You can then use earned points to claim $20 or $50 Amazon e-cards and a $100 monthly withdrawal.
Follow these steps to apply as a music reviewer on Hit Predictor.
- Visit the website.
- Scroll down, then tap “Create Your Account Now.”
- On the next page, input your screen name, email, password, phone number, ethnicity, gender, and birthday.
- Click “Sign Up.”
- Once you’re redirected to another page, answer questions related to the streaming or radio sites you listen to.
- After clicking “Next,” you can already rate music.
Did you know you can earn $1 to $6 for every song added to your playlist? More followers mean more income since independent artists will pay you to promote their songs.
But what is PlaylistPush?
It is an online marketplace for musicians, especially new ones, to include their compositions in playlists, either on TikTok or Spotify.
Check out the guide below to become a playlist curator.
- Visit PlaylistPush’s website.
- Under the “For Creators” tab, select “Spotify Playlist Creators.”
- Scroll down until you see the “Sign Me Up” button.
Sometimes, PlaylistPush closes its application since they already have many curators. You can always monitor their website to wait for openings.
Equipment You Need to Make Money Listening to Music
Generally, you only need two gadgets to earn while listening to music. It’s recommended to have a laptop or phone with working headphones .
|Website or Company||Laptop only||Phone only||Laptop or phone|
|Slice The Pie||✓|
Tips to Make the Most Money Listening to Music
You don’t need to settle with these websites’ minimum pay. Here are some tips to increase your income while listening to music.
- Use and give referral codes since they entail bonuses and rewards.
- Register to multiple websites to earn more.
- Explore the apps and websites to find out if they offer tasks other than listening. If possible, you can listen while playing games or answering quizzes.
- Collect as many points as possible before withdrawing your money. This way, you can save on e-wallet or bank charges.
Can You Make Decent Money Listening to Music?
You can earn extra cash if you know which sites offer good compensation for listening to songs, curating playlists, reviewing music, or answering surveys. Check each suggestion we have above and you may find one that suits your preferences in music and the time and effort you can dedicate.
Have a fun time listening to music while earning $$$!