This post may contain affiliate links. Which means we may earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Living paycheck to paycheck means you don’t have money to burn. But if you want to get ahead, you need to start somewhere. And with cryptocurrency turning people into overnight millionaires, you may be interested in getting your hands on some digital assets.
This is where platforms like Coinpayu come in. According to their website, you can earn cryptocurrency for free by doing simple tasks like watching videos and clicking on ads.
Sounds too good to be true? We get you. Crypto can be confusing for beginners, and there are a lot of scams out there.
We wanted to know more, so we checked the official Coinpayu sources, reviewed dozens of feedback from actual users, and checked reviews sites like TrustPilot for insights. We also looked for any red flags that would make us think twice about recommending the platform.
Aside from that, we’re also sharing tips and tricks on how to earn more money on Coinpayu. Make sure to read until the end, or you may waste time doing all the wrong things and not earn money at all.
Table of Contents
What is Coinpayu?
Coinpayu is a Bitcoin advertising website that promises to pay you in Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies just for clicking ads and doing other small online tasks. Aside from that, the website also offers crypto faucets and staking services.
According to their website, Coinpayu has been around since 2019, but there’s no information about who owns the company or the people behind it.
We scoured their online presence to learn more about Coinpayu, and here’s what we found.
On social media:
- 61,646 likes
- 750 five-star reviews (though a lot of them are spam)
- Last update: June 10, 2022
- Posts often and responds to comments
- 143,000 followers
- Last update: June 10, 2022
- Regular updates, but pretty much reposts from their Facebook profile
- 10,800 subscribers
- 3 videos uploaded (only about staking and how to claim faucet)
- Last updated: December 2021
At first glance, their social media presence looks pretty good. They have a lot of followers on Facebook and Twitter, and they seem to be active in responding to comments.
However, looking closer, we noticed that a lot of the reviews on their Facebook page are from accounts that seem to be fake.
There are also a lot of comments asking when they will get paid, which is something to be aware of.
On review sites:
- 3.5 star average rating out of 9 reviews
- 4 out of 6 published reviews claim that Coinpayu is a scam
- 3.7 star average rating out of 437 reviews
- 60% excellent reviews, citing payout, support, and features
- 20% bad reviews, mostly about low earnings, not getting paid, and claiming that the site is a scam
We also looked through sites like Quora, where we found more comments about Coinpayu being a scam.
While online reviews are normally a mixed bag, the majority of what we found about Coinpayu seems to be negative.
As a result, we recommend caution if you’re considering using this site.
How to join Coinpayu
Coinpayu is available globally, and anyone can join as long as they’re at least 18 years old.
To sign up for Coinpayu, you’ll need to provide your email address and create a password. After that, you can instantly start doing tasks on the site to earn cryptocurrency.
Ways to earn in Coinpayu
You can earn crypto in Coinpayu by doing a variety of tasks, including:
- Clicking on paid ads: Coinpayu will show you cryptocurrency-related ads and videos, and you’ll earn a small amount of crypto for each ad you click on and each video you finish.
- Doing offerwalls: Offerwalls are basically surveys and other small tasks that you can do to earn crypto. Coinpayu has a variety of offerwalls that you can choose from.
- Referral program: You can earn a commission for every person that you refer to Coinpayu. The amount that you earn will depend on how much the person you refer earns on the site.
- Coinpayu faucets: Coinpayu has a crypto faucet that allows you to claim small amounts of crypto every few hours.
- Staking: Staking is a way to earn interest in your cryptocurrency holdings. Coinpayu offers staking services for a variety of different cryptocurrencies.
- Joining contests: Coinpayu often holds contests where you can win cryptocurrency.
Coinpayu earnings and payment methods
Before we talk about Coinpayu’s earnings and payment methods, it’s important to understand the concept of a Satoshi, which is what the site uses to pay its members.
A Satoshi is a very small unit of Bitcoin, and in US dollars, it’s only worth 0.0003028 USD as of June 2022.
This means that when you’re doing tasks on Coinpayu, you’re only earning a fraction of a cent. In fact, most of the tasks on the site only pay a few Satoshis.
For instance, here’s how much you can earn from watching videos:
- 60-second video = 18.5 satoshi
- 45-second video = 14 satoshi
- 30-second video = 11 satoshi
- 20-second video = 11.5 satoshi
That means that to earn $1 worth of satoshis, you’ll need to spend months clicking and watching videos.
And keep in mind that these are just estimates, as the actual amount you earn will vary depending on the length of the video and the number of ads that are shown. You also need to finish each video in order to get paid.
As for the minimum threshold, it depends on the cryptocurrency you want to be paid out in. Here’s a quick list:
- Bitcoin minimum withdrawal: 11, 000 satoshi
- Dogecoin minimum withdrawal: 1, 000 satoshi
- Litecoin minimum withdrawal: 1, 000 satoshi
- Ethereum minimum withdrawal: 30, 000 satoshi
- Tether minimum withdrawal: 1, 000 satoshi
The minimum withdrawal amount is incredibly high. Some cryptocurrencies will also charge you a withdrawal fee. Bitcoin, for instance, will take 0.000002 BTC from the 0.00011 BTC minimum withdrawal from Coinpayu.
Finally, you can also withdraw your earnings in the form of crypto. No PayPal cash, direct debit, cashback, or gift card. So unless you rack up a huge Satoshi balance, you’re probably not going to be able to cash out anytime soon.
Coinpayu paid membership
If you want to boost your earning potential, you can upgrade to a paid membership. It essentially multiplies the amount you earn from every task.
The prices for a paid membership are as follows:
- Standard: Free
- Junior Partner: 35, 000 satoshi a month
- Medium Partner: 100, 000 satoshi a month
- Senior Partner: 300, 000 satoshi a month
That’s pretty steep, considering that the Senior Partner tier only boosts click earnings by 400%, or just four times the original rate.
So let’s say the standard date for a 60-second video is 18.5 satoshi. With a paid membership, you would earn 74 satoshis for the same video.
To hit the minimum Bitcoin withdrawal amount (11,000 BTC), you would need to watch videos for more than 150 hours. That’s a lot of time for barely any earnings.
Pros and cons of using Coinpayu
Now that we’ve covered how Coinpayu works and how much you can earn, let’s sum up what we’ve learned so far:
- A wide variety of tasks to choose from
- A good selection of cryptocurrencies to be paid out in
- Easy registration process
- Earning potential is extremely low
- Minimum withdrawal amount is quite high
- Serious number of scam accusations
- No company presence
Verdict: Is Coinpayu worth it?
Based on everything we’ve covered, Coinpayu is probably not worth your time. The earning potential is just too low, and the minimum withdrawal amount is way too high.
A closer look at the Coinpayu site also revealed that it’s simply a paid-to-click (PTC) site marketing itself as a crypto platform.
The “Bitcoin advertising network” business positioning is just a way for the site to get more clicks and traffic for its partners.
Ultimately, there are just too many red flags for us to recommend Coinpayu confidently. If you want to earn money online, consider using tried-and-tested PTC sites like Swagbucks or InboxDollars.