Who couldn't use more money? One trend that has caught on is to earn money by downloading apps.
One such app that claims to help you do this is Flash Rewards. It has a website and an app for Android users.
Reports say that Flash Rewards let you earn as much as $750 Shein or PayPal rewards. But how much of that is actually true?
We wanted to find out, so we’ve downloaded and tried this app ourselves. We poured through reviews from dozens of real users to find out if Flash rewards lives up to its hype.
Here are our takeaways from this review:
- Many users report on the Play Store that Flash Rewards was inconsistent in awarding points after users had completed tasks. Bottom line: you might end up wasting your time.
- A better rewards app, Mistplay could be for you. Mistplay's team updates the app frequently to ensure you get paid. Many users have successfully cashed out their rewards more than once.
What Is Flash Rewards?
Flash Rewards is a site that promises users gift cards from eBay, Walmart, Amazon, and other shopping sites by completing tasks or playing games. You can earn more coins if you play more games or complete more tasks.
It’s also available as an app in Play Store. Flash Rewards is owned by Deliver Technology LLC and has been around since 2016.
But unlike these two sites, Flash Rewards has received complaints that it’s a scam. A lot of people think it’s a scam because of the significant amount of information you have to provide before earning rewards.
Some had to sign up for several paid offers and got lots of spam emails and never got the gift card that was promised.
Flash Rewards also has multiple links, which is a red flag. The links flasrewards.us and usarewards.com lead to the same site.
How Does Flash Rewards Work?
The general process when you join Flash Rewards is as follows:
- Go to the website and click on the “Get Started” button.
- Choose what gift cards you’d like to earn (e.g., Amazon, eBay, Visa, Walmart)
- Fill out a form with your basic information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.) to create a free account. Flash Rewards will use this information to send you your rewards, which is why you’ll be asked to provide accurate information.
- Answer a survey. Your answers will help Flash Rewards customize the deals and offers that are relevant to you.
- Complete deals from Flash Rewards’ brand partners and start claiming your reward.
Please note that you need to be a US resident and at least 18 years old to create an account.
Earning rewards for completing offers isn’t a new concept that’s unique to Flash Rewards. You’ll find various legitimate sites, such as MyPoints that pay people in gift cards, coupons, promo codes, or cash for completing tasks.
Flash Rewards and other similar sites work with third-party companies that sell products or services. When you sign up for an offer or make a purchase, the reward site earns from it, too.
How Do You Earn Money from Flash Rewards?
Users can sign up for games, subscription products and services, mobile apps, and more to earn rewards. Some of its partners require payment for any rendered product or service, which means you may find tasks that offer paid instead of free trials.
You can choose from the different offers and tasks, which are categorized under different levels. These tasks may include downloading and playing games, subscribing to a service, etc.
For example, Level 2 offers a reward value of $5. You have to complete 2 deals to claim the reward.
Don’t forget to keep your emails of confirmation or screenshots of your game progress or completion. You may be asked to submit them when you claim your reward.
One thing that could have made earning on Flash Rewards easier, is if they offered a sign up bonus. Plenty of other apps offer this, and we've listed a bunch of them here.
How Long Does It Take to Earn Money?
Flash Rewards gives you 60 days to complete your tasks. Once successfully completed, it may take up to 14 days before the rewards are credited to your account.
There’s also a limit to how many times you can claim the reward amount.
For example, if you already claimed a reward of $500 or below, you won’t be able to do it again within 60 days. If your reward amount is $750 or $1,000, you can claim it once a year. You have to wait for that number of days or duration to pass before you can claim your reward again.
Do You Need to Spend Money on Flash Rewards?
Keep in mind that Flash Rewards isn’t a giveaway program and that means you’ll be expected to spend some money. If you don’t mind to spend some cash to earn more in return, then Flash Rewards may be for you.
Flash Rewards doesn’t ask you for money directly. The money you’ll spend will go directly to the product or service provider. For example, if you’ve been wanting to subscribe to Disney+, you can do so through Flash Rewards.
If you’re playing a game through Flash Rewards, you can also make in-game purchases to help you complete quests faster.
The offers you choose will determine the amount you have to spend. For example, the out of pocket costs for a reward amount of $250 will be at least $5 and a minimum of $12 for a reward amount of more than $500.
You may also sign up for free trials. However, it won’t count if you cancel right away. You have to complete the trial period for the task to count. You can set up a reminder to cancel the subscription before the end of the trial date.
Flash Rewards is a rewards site for people who are willing to spend some money to earn rewards. If you’re not one of them then Flash Rewards may not be for you.
How Do You Get Paid?
When you sign up with Flash Rewards, you need to provide accurate information because the site needs to verify that you’re a real person before they give your rewards.
The process of claiming your rewards is as follows:
- You have 30 days to claim your reward after you completed the required tasks.
- Submit a claim through the website.
- Check your email for further instructions from Flash Rewards.
- Submit a knowledge-based authentication (KBA) form.
- Verify your ID by submitting a copy of a valid ID (e.g., driver’s license).
- Submit screenshots or email confirmation of game progress.
- Submit all the requirements within 30 days.
- Expect to get your reward between 7-10 days after getting verified.
Complaints About Flash Rewards
Flash Rewards has 878 reviews on TrustPilot. It has a 56% excellent rating and a 21% bad rating.
Negative Reviews About Flash Rewards:
- A few users have complained that they’re reward status has not been updated even after completing a task or offer.
- Most of the complaints found on TrustPilot has something to do with users not receiving their rewards.
- Users complain about unresponsive customer support. Those who have questions or issues about not being able to claim their rewards say that it’s difficult to get in touch with the customer support. Some have received an email from their customer support, but when they tried to reach out again, all they get is a similar reply.
- A few users have also complained about getting bombarded with spam emails after signing up.
- Users have reported having a horrendous experience with Flash Rewards due to the problems in claiming rewards and poor customer service.
Positive Reviews About Flash Rewards:
- The site is relatively easy to use and claiming their rewards was a breeze if users just follow the instructions.
- Some users have reported that they received their $100 in just two days.
- A few users reported that they thought Flash Rewards was fake or a scam but later on realized that it was a legitimate site that offers rewards for completed offers.
Bottom Line – Is Flash Rewards Worth It?
Flash Rewards is a decent rewards site. There’s not enough evidence to consider it as a scam.
Some people may consider it as fake or scam site because of the amount of information asked upon sign up and some deals that have associated out-of-pocket costs.
If you have no problems spending a bit of cash to earn more rewards then you can give this site a try.
It also offers deals that don’t have out-of-pocket costs. You just need to find an offer that’s suitable for you.
Furthermore, Flash Rewards asks for a lot of information when you sign up. If you’re uncomfortable giving out that many details due to privacy and spam email concerns, then this site may not be for you.
Lastly, Flash Rewards has an annual limit. If you have no problem waiting for months or even a year to claim your rewards then, by all means, give this site a try.