If you like playing games, you probably know already that you can make extra money from it. The question is, which one to try first?
With the popularization of play-to-earn games like PlaytestCloud, you might find yourself searching, “is PlaytestCloud legit” on Reddit, Facebook, and Twitter one of these days. After all, getting paid to play games is appealing to a lot of people.
Earning $100 or $200 on the side is nothing to scoff at. It could make the difference between living paycheck to paycheck and paying all your bills on time.
If you want to learn more about PlaytestCloud, keep reading. We tried it ourselves and scoured the net for real-life reviews to assess its legitimacy, convenience, and earning potential.
This piece will give you verified, first-hand insights into the platform. That way, you’ll reach fact-based, objective decisions about whether PlaytestCloud’s worth your time or not.
Keep reading until the end for all our insider info! Otherwise, you might miss out on some crucial tips explaining the most effective way to maximize PlaytestCloud.
Let’s get started!
Is PlaytestCloud a Legit Way to Earn Money?
PlaytestCloud pays users for playtesting mobile games in the concept phase. It ranks among the most widely known play-to-earn platforms in several countries.
As a playtester, you’ll pinpoint glitches, coding errors, design inconsistencies in assigned gameplays. You’ll receive cash compensation for playtesting.
Tech leaders Christian Ress and Marvin Killing founded PlaytestCloud in 2012. They built their office in Berlin, Germany, and secured funding from private investors.
Although their signup page accommodates users worldwide, users from the US, UK, and Canada receive the most test invites. After all, most of the company’s clients are developers targeting the said countries.
The company has a relatively small population since its operations rely on freelancers. As such, most of their funds go straight to app development, project expansion, and client acquisition.
Can You Really Make Money Testing Games?
The short answer is yes. Game developers need the help of beta testers to create error-free, enjoyable gameplays.
However, you can’t blindly trust every playtesting platform. Read user reviews assessing the legitimacy of an app before signing up—much less divulging sensitive payment information.
Ideally, new users should stick to widely known, reputable apps like PlaytestCloud. Although it’s not the highest-paying platform on the market, thousands can attest to its legitimacy and security.
Most users receive payments upon accomplishing tasks. Even in the worst cases, you wouldn’t have to wait more than three to five days before the funds reflect in your PayPal wallet.
Is PlaytestCloud Safe?
You can breathe a sigh of relief knowing that PlaytestCloud has helped thousands of users earn extra cash through playtesting over the past decade. The platform is 100% legitimate.
Moreover, they send all payments through PayPal. Although some users find PayPal’s fees too steep, its unparalleled security system will keep your money safe.
Is PlaytestCloud Free?
Signing up to be a tester on PlaytestCloud is free. You can take the qualification exam and perform trial tasks without investing a single penny.
As for companies who need playtesting services, PlaytestCloud offers the following packages:
- Professional Basic: $1,085 per month
- Professional Advanced: $2,375 per month
- Enterprise: Customized pricing options
Creating a PlaytestCloud Account
Becoming a PlaytestCloud playtester is easier than most first-timers fear. The app has a streamlined application process, which you can perform straight from your Android or iOS device.
Also, don’t worry about failing your first take. PlaytestCloud allows applicants to retake the entire exam, but review your answers beforehand to avoid committing the same mistakes.
What Are the Requirements?
PlaytestCloud has stringent criteria in assessing playtests, but they don’t ask for much during the initial application process. You can proceed with the process if you have a/an:
- Basic knowledge of mobile games
- High-quality, audible microphone
- ID card indicating you’re over 13
- iOS or Android device
- PayPal account
Once you have the abovementioned requirements, you can fill out the application form asking your:
- Email address
- Full legal name
- Preferred games
- Available gaming devices
- Country of residence
Steps for Signing Up
- To get the PlaytestCloud app, download it on the App Store or Google Play.
- Next, visit the website. On playtestcloud.com, the “Become a Tester” button will redirect you to the signup page, containing the application form and FAQ section.
- Submit the application form, then wait for the team to send the qualification test invite. Note that it’s unpaid.
- Once you get the invite, open the file or link, review the instructions, set up your device, then proceed with the review.
- Finish the exam and wait for your results.
Pass the Qualification Test
Although playtesting seems like a relatively easy task, you shouldn’t take the qualification test haphazardly. Most rejected applicants neglected to perform prior research.
Remember: PlaytestCloud only works with reliable testers that provide accurate reviews. You might not pass the screening process if you do messy, disorganized playtesting. Don’t just play the game like normal.
Check out these tips to increase your chances of getting approved:
- Watch Tutorials on YouTube: Watch YouTube videos of real users taking PlaytestCloud’s qualification exams. Review the most common and grave mistakes.
- Have a Reliable Smartphone: Ideally, you should have a relatively new iPhone or Android device. Simultaneously running screen-recording apps and mobile games might cause slow, old phones to lag—compromising your PlaytestCloud application.
- Invest in an External Microphone: Although PlaytestCloud doesn’t require third-party microphones, having one gives you an edge over other applicants. Focus on delivering reviews with clear, audible audio.
Get Test Invites
You’ll start getting test invites a few days after passing the qualification test. The number of invites you get directly affects your monthly earnings.
Unfortunately, PlaytestCloud doesn’t send requests daily, so you can’t make a living playing on this platform. On average, expect an invite every week or so.
However, some users receive more tests than others. For instance, although PlaytestCloud accepts testers from various parts of the globe, most of its tasks focus on a US, UK, or Canadian audience.
Another way to boost test invite frequency is to submit assignments promptly. Accomplish each task as soon as possible. After all, most playtests only span 15 to 30 minutes.
How to Earn Money on PlaytestCloud
PlaytestCloud offers a user-friendly interface that suits a broad range of casual gamers and first-time playtesters. It’s the ideal gateway platform to earning side gigs.
Step 1: Answer Invites
You’ll start receiving test invites every week or two once you have an account. In most cases, invite emails will contain a brief description of the game subject for playtesting, its corresponding download link, standard gameplay instructions, and a post-test survey form.
Step 2: Accomplish Tasks
You can start making playtest reviews after claiming tasks. All orders on PlaytestCloud require you to play linked mobile games while voicing out your thoughts.
Make sure to speak audibly. Otherwise, PlaytestCloud might require you to redo the task—or worse, suspend your account for not conforming to their guidelines.
Developers need beta testers like you to make their apps more enjoyable by spotting:
- Design inconsistencies
- Gameplay glitches
- Confusing instructions and tasks
- User-interface complications
- Bugs and errors
Step 3: Submit Tasks and Get Paid
Finish the post-test survey form, send your review, and wait for PlaytestCloud to confirm your submission. You’ll receive your payment within one to three days.
Is PlaytestCloud For You?
PlaytestCloud is a legitimate platform that pays users to playtest beta games. However, it doesn’t suit everyone.
Most people who’ll benefit from PlaytestCloud and maximize its features are:
- Beginners: PlaytestCloud offers beginner-friendly tasks. Unlike other playtesting platforms, it doesn’t limit orders to hardcore, experienced mobile gamers.
- Side Gig Hunters: Don’t treat PlaytestCloud as your primary source of income. You’ll earn a few extra bucks for gas or groceries, but you can’t rely on it for more sizable expenses.
- Mobile Gamers: PlaytestCloud allows you to try out unreleased mobile games, which you might find appealing if you’re a casual gamer.
How Much Can You Earn from PlaytestCloud?
How much does PlaytestCloud pay? Standard payouts range from $5 to $10 for tests spanning 10 to 15 minutes, while orders 30 to 60 minutes pay as much as $11 to $13.
Your earning potential on PlaytestCloud heavily depends on how many tasks you accomplish. However, the platform only sends a few invites per month.
Assuming that you respond to invites at least once a week and accomplish all your assigned tasks, you’ll likely earn $30 to $40 per month.
It’s not much. However, the tasks are relatively easy and take only a few minutes to accomplish.
How Do You Get Paid?
Unlike other play-to-earn platforms, PlaytestCloud doesn’t have an in-app wallet. You’ll receive funds straight to your PayPal account one to three days upon accomplishing tasks.
The site doesn’t have a minimum withdrawal amount. Even if you only earned $5 from playtesting, you can send it to your PayPal and linked bank account right away.
What Are the Pros & Cons of PlaytestCloud?
Don’t worry if you’re still on the fence about PlaytestCloud. To help you decide whether to sign up or not, we made a quick list explaining the platform’s advantages and disadvantages:
What Are the Alternatives to PlaytestCloud?
An extra $20 to $30 per month is hardly enough to cover groceries. Fortunately, you can earn more money by performing similar play-to-earn tasks while waiting for PlaytestCloud to send test invites.
Some widely known alternatives to PlaytestCloud include:
- Bananatic: Bananatic stands as the polar opposite of PlaytestCloud. Although it doesn’t have high-paying tasks, there are plenty of games for users to review. Accomplish as many orders as you want.
- Gametester.gg: Similar to PlaytestCloud, Game Tester sends invites to its users. However, the main difference is that active, skilled playtesters receive significantly more high-paying tasks. Build your profile by earning XP on their platform.
- TryMyUI: Like PlaytestCloud, TryMyUI also requires users to record their thoughts while playtesting games. Most orders pay a fixed $10 fee.
- Userlytics: Userlytics has a versatile compensation package. You can earn anywhere from $5 to a whopping $90 per playtest review.
- UserTesting: Similar to TryMyUi, UserTesting pays users a fixed $10 fee per accomplished task. They pay the same rates no matter how long it takes you to finish your review, so this app best suits fast workers.
Earning Money for Testing Games
Is PlaytestCloud legitimate? Yes! Thousands of users from the US, the UK, and Canada earn money on the platform for playtesting prototype mobile games.
On playtestcloud.com, payments typically reflect in PayPal accounts immediately after accomplishing tasks. The most you’ll wait is three to five days.
Also, set realistic goals. Most users discontented with the PlaytestCloud expected too much from the get-go.
If you finish a few hours’ worth of tasks every week, you’ll earn enough extra money to cover minor fees and incidental expenses. However, don’t expect the platform to pay you thousands upon signing up.