Are you looking for side gigs to make extra money? Even if you’re working, your salary may not be enough to keep up with all the bills or provide for your family’s needs.
You’ve probably heard about people making money answering online surveys in their free time. You wonder if it's right for you, but you aren't sure where to begin.
We get you.
We've heard about Surveytime paying you an immediate $1 after taking a survey. But is this true for all questionnaires?
So, we looked at official Surveytime sources and examined reviews from independent websites to determine what was good and bad. We also used the app to gain first-hand experience.
You’ll learn the most important aspect that can increase your access to opportunities, so don’t skip this article. You’ll also know whether Surveytime can be a reliable source of extra money.
You wouldn’t want to waste your free time if you can’t earn enough to supplement your income.
What is Surveytime?
Surveytime is a paid survey site available in all countries.
The website is owned by Persona.ly, an advertising technology company that helps businesses reach new customers. Although Surveytime started in 2018, Persona.ly has been around since 2011.
Persona.ly, through Surveytime website and app, provides businesses with interesting customer insights. It also has two other products, Offer Wall and Gifthulk.
They collect data from respondents like you. After that, Persona.ly consolidates the information so companies can use it to improve their products or services. It also helps them create new products and understand the needs of their target audience.
Companies pay Persona.ly for the information based on the feedback and suggestions you provided on Surveytime.
However, you don’t need to give confidential information, like your Social Security number or bank account details. So, be wary of sites or apps that ask for such information since they’re most likely scams.
The website has a rating of 4.5 on Trustpilot based on 10,526 reviewers!
It’s safe to say that Surveytime is legit and pays out on time. You can check the screenshot below for 5-star reviews.
However, reviewers say that Surveytime only pays $0.50 for some surveys. We had the same experience with the first questionnaire we completed.
How does Surveytime work?
Currently, Surveytime offers two ways to earn money: Surveys and Ambassador Program.
How to earn through the Surveys Program
You can earn money by answering surveys from marketing research companies. But first, you need to register using the website or the Surveytime app.
You can use your computer, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone to access Surveytime.
- Go to Surveytime’s website, then choose Sign Up with Google, Facebook, or Email.
- If you choose to Sign Up with Email, you need to provide your email address and password, then tap “Start Now.”
- Check your email to verify your account.
- You’ll be redirected to another page to inform you that your profile questionnaire will take about 9 minutes.
- After answering the profile questionnaire, you’ll have access to your first survey. In our case, we were offered $0.05 to answer it.
- On another page, the website will display the terms and conditions of your first survey. Tick the box to confirm that you read and understood them, then tap “Proceed.”
How to sign up using the app
- Download the Surveytime app on your iOS or Android device.
- Open the app, then choose among Continue with Apple, Google, Facebook, or Register via Email.
- If you select “Register via Email,” provide your email address and password.
- Verify your account via the link that Surveytime will send to your email.
- Answer the profile questionnaire, then begin your first survey.
Here are the questions or topics included in the profile questionnaire. You might notice that some questions are repeated, and Surveytime does that to detect whether respondents provide genuine answers.
Remember to be honest with your answers, so Surveytime can match you with the appropriate surveys.
The following are only the usual questions, and Surveytime may change them according to your demographics.
- When is your birthdate?
- What is your gender?
- How would you like to be rewarded?
- How much total combined income do all members of your household earn before taxes?
- What is your current employment status?
- In which region or state do you live?
- What is your zip code?
- How many children do you have?
- What city do you live in?
- Which among the options best describes your household?
- How many employees work at your organization?
- What industry do you work in?
- Which department do you have influence over regarding purchasing or spending?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- How many cigarettes do you smoke daily?
- Where do you live?
- A boy has four marbles and lost one. How many does he have now?
- Are you using a mobile gadget to take the survey?
- In which state or region do you live? Choose from the options.
- What is your occupation?
- Do you have a webcam, and are you willing to use it for an online research opportunity?
- Do you own a car?
- What social media sites do you use?
- What is your job title or level?
- Are you an IT professional or developer?
- Which department do you primarily work within at your organization?
- Are you a smoker?
- Approximately how many employees work at your organization?
- Where have you traveled to in the past 12 months?
Who is eligible to join?
It’s easy to register on Surveytime since there’s no age requirement, but minors need supervision from their parents or guardians.
Here are the only requirements so you can sign up on Surveytime:
- Email address
- Phone number
You may also need a laptop with a webcam to participate in some surveys.
How long does a survey take?
It depends on the number of questions, but surveys could take 10 to 15 minutes. Some may take longer, depending on your speed.
How to be updated on new surveys?
You can receive notifications on your email, phone, or desktop.
Simply go to Surveytime website, then click “Enable Browser Notifications” to receive updates on surveys.
You can also check your inbox for updates.
How to earn through the Ambassador Program?
Aside from answering surveys, you can also earn as a Surveytime ambassador or affiliate.
- Go to Surveytime’s Ambassador Program page.
- Provide your email, full name, and Skype ID.
- On the next page, choose the platform you use to connect with followers. You can select among personal blogs, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other sources.
- Add a link to your blog or social media profile.
- Tap “Apply Now.”
Surveytime will provide you with a unique referral link if you become accepted as an ambassador.
To earn, you can post the unique link on your bio or video description. This way, your followers can click the link to sign up.
Your goal is to refer as many people as possible to earn more.
Who is eligible for the Ambassador Program?
Surveytime approves the application of the following:
- Media channel managers
You also need to have an engaged follower base to earn through this program.
How much can you earn with Surveytime?
You can earn as much as you can with SuveyTime, depending on your location and demographics.
There’s no limit to the number of questionnaires you can complete, as long as the website matches you to available surveys.
Survey payouts range from $0.50 to $1. The surveys we took didn't last more than 20 minutes. So we believe you could make up to $4 an hour if there are enough surveys available for you to do back-to-back, which we were able to do in our first hour on the platform.
However, some people keep getting disqualified for surveys. Some questionnaires have strict requirements, so only a few respondents may qualify to answer them.
Meanwhile, if you’re accepted into the Ambassador Program, you’ll earn $1 for every person you successfully referred to Surveytime.
The company prefers influencers with a large follower base because it allows them to reach a broader audience.
How can you withdraw your earnings?
After completing the survey, you can withdraw your rewards immediately. You can also choose how you want to receive your reward.
The payment methods depend on which country you live in. Here are the available options in the US:
You need to confirm your phone number for your first payout. Surveytime verifies your number, so your earnings will be safe from hackers.
After confirming your number, PayPal will also send an email when you receive your reward.
If you have no PayPal, you can get your reward through Coinbase.
- Click the Coinbase icon from the choices.
- Provide your Coinbase account details.
- Cash-out your Bitcoin through your bank account.
Take note that the cryptocurrency exchange collects a transaction fee, so expect that you won’t get the total amount of your Bitcoin.
If you want to save on groceries or other purchases, you can also choose gift cards from Amazon, Target, and Walmart.
You don’t need to cash out before spending your earnings on retail stores. Instead, you can simply present your gift certificates upon checkout.
How can you make the most out of Surveytime?
You might experience getting disqualified from surveys or missing out on questionnaires. Here are some Surveytime tricks to help you earn more.
- Turn on your Surveytime notifications to get updates on new surveys.
- You can use your mobile phone or tablet to complete questionnaires on the go.
- Be consistent with your answers to prevent disqualifications from surveys.
- Avoid choosing “Other,” “No Opinion,” and “I don’t know” from the options. Instead, it’s best to provide valuable feedback so that Surveytime will match you with more surveys.
- You can agree to participate in surveys that require a webcam to be eligible for more surveys.
What are the pros and cons of using Surveytime?
Like other get-paid-to sites, Surveytime has its benefits and drawbacks.
- It pays you immediately after answering surveys. You don’t have to accumulate points or reach a certain threshold to get your rewards.
- It has a dedicated app for completing questionnaires on the go.
- Surveytime doesn’t collect a registration fee, so you can join without spending a dollar.
- You can quickly cash out through PayPal or get Bitcoin and gift cards.
- Some surveys can take only up to 5 minutes, and you can already get $0.50 to $1.
- The website will only show you the surveys you qualify for to avoid wasting your time.
- Surveytime has a user-friendly website that you can easily navigate.
- You can get real-time notifications on your email, browser, or phone.
- Some surveys take up to 15 minutes for the same payment of $0.50 to $1.
- Surveytime asks repetitive questions before showing the surveys you qualify for.
- You can’t save your earnings for later use since you need to withdraw them immediately.
- You can only contact Surveytime via email ([email protected]).
- You need to wait up to 3 days before the support team replies to your message.
- Some users reported experiencing technical issues while answering the surveys.
How can you contact Surveytime’s customer support?
If you experience some problems or have concerns, you can email [email protected], but they don’t reply promptly.
Unfortunately, the Surveytime website has no Contact page, so it’s hard to communicate with its support team. It also doesn’t have any information regarding telephone numbers.
Some review sites stated that Surveytime has a Facebook page, but the official website doesn’t mention it.
You can find several Surveytime Facebook pages, but none of them are verified, and the one with the most number of followers is not updated.
Fortunately, the website has an FAQ page to help you find solutions to some of the Surveytime-related problems. But it mostly answers issues on payouts and survey availability.
What are the alternatives to Surveytime?
Other get-paid-to sites you might want to try aside from Surveytime:
Unlike Surveytime, Survey Junkie pays according to the survey’s length. For example, you can earn $50 for long questionnaires and $3 for short surveys. The website allows you to cashout once you have at least $5 in rewards.
Most surveys in Swagbucks take up to 15 minutes, where you can earn $0.05 to $2.50. It’s also possible to make $25 as a loyalty bonus.
Aside from answering opinion polls, you can also watch videos, surf the web, and test product samples to get points.
You can cash out once you have $25 in your account or choose from the available gift certificates.
You can earn $0.08 to $0.09 for every survey you complete at LifePoints. Since it has a lower offer than the other websites, you can try other tasks, such as answering trivia and joining quarterly sweepstakes.
Like Surveytime, you can redeem your LifePoints earnings through PayPal or gift cards.
Is Surveytime worth it?
Surveytime is worth trying if you need extra income, but your earnings depend on available questionnaires. You also need to allocate 5 to 15 minutes of your time for a $0.50 to $1 reward. You can complete surveys when you’re commuting or waiting in line.
Although Surveytime isn’t something that can replace your main source of income, it’s a good way to make money during your free time. You can use your earnings from Surveytime to pay some bills or buy things you want without hurting your budget.