Looking for a work-from-home job opportunity? Then you'll want to take a closer look at Liveops. Liveops is a virtual call center and is well-known for offering flexible, remote positions that allow employees to set their own hours.
But what is it really like to work for Liveops? In this post, we'll give you the answers to frequently asked questions about this company and provide an overview of the company's hiring process.
Whether or not this type of job is right for you depends on your personal situation. So, read on to see if it might be a good fit for you!
Is Liveops A Legitimate Work-From-Home Company or a Scam?
Liveops is a 100% legitimate work-from-home company, founded in the year 2000. It is not a scam. According to its website, it was a startup company that started in the founder's garage in Florida. It is now headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona with over 20,000 work-from-home agents.
Liveops agents work from home or anywhere else they choose to work. Agents are not required to be at a certain place during a certain time—they can work whenever and wherever their schedules allow them to.
What Do Liveops Independent Agents Do?
As a Liveops agent, you will work as a call center agent for different clients using the Liveops platform. Depending on the jobs you apply for and are accepted to, you can work as an agent for customer service, roadside assistance, insurance claims, health care, inbound sales, insurance sales, etc.
Take note that with Liveops, you will work as an independent contractor. This means that you are not an employee of Liveops nor the company you are doing tasks for.
As an independent contractor, you will be self-employed as if you're running your own business. You can choose your own hours, send your invoices, and file your own taxes. However, Liveops will provide the support that you need when you're set up.
How to Apply to Liveops
Unlike traditional job openings that require you to send applications and go through face-to-face interviews, Liveops conducts applications online. Check the Liveops website to make sure that you meet the basic requirements and other eligibility guidelines in order to be accepted.
Below are some of the basic requirements to apply to Liveops:
- You are 18 years old or older.
- You are a high school graduate or an equivalent to a high school diploma.
- You are a resident and authorized to work in the United States.
- You live in an eligible state. There are currently 36 eligible states actively sourcing for agents.
- You have the required home office and equipment set-up.
- You have paid for and passed the required background check. The cost of the background check is now $24.99, which is lower than the previous $45 fee.
Once you have been accepted, you can start submitting applications for available job openings within the Liveops platform. Typically, the application process takes 1 to 2 weeks.
What Equipment Does Liveops Work Require?
Unlike other work from home jobs, the types of equipment required by Liveops are a bit detailed. You cannot work as a Liveops agent by just having your mobile phone and an internet connection. You have to have the other required pieces of equipment to start.
The Liveops website has a detailed guide on what these equipment are, but to give you an idea, you will need the following:
- Corded telephone
- Corded USB headset
- Dedicated telephone line (landline) which should not be used for personal calls
- Desktop or laptop computer
- Processor of 3GHz Intel Pentium P4 or better
- Memory of 4 GB RAM or better
- Operating System of Windows 10 or better (Chromebooks and Mac computers are not compatible)
- Computer monitor capable of displaying 1024 x 768 pixels – dual monitors are strongly encouraged
- The latest version of Internet Explorer or Google Chrome
- Sound card installed in the computer and must have speakers or headphones
High-speed wired internet connection
- Must be DSL or Cable Modem
- WiFi connection is not allowed
- Minimum internet download speed of 5.0 Mbps and upload speed of 3.0 Mbps
- You must enable and configure the automatic Windows Update on your PC.
- Enable Windows firewall on your computer.
- Install anti-virus and adware software to protect from malicious attacks.
- Duo two-factor authentication using an Android or Apple device that is encrypted and biometric feature enabled
As a Liveops independent contractor, you will be expected to be responsible in setting up our own home equipment. Before you apply as an agent, you have to make sure that you have access to the required equipment.
What Does It Take to Work from Home With Liveops
You might be wondering whether or not you have the skillset to work from home with Liveops. The good news is that if you have previous sales or customer service experience, then you are a good fit for the Liveops work from home job.
Aside from passing the background check and having the required equipment, having the following skills could help you become successful as a Liveops agent:
- You are independent and a self-starter.
- You can work with minimum supervision.
- You have great verbal communication skills and clearly communicate thoughts and information.
- You have amazing listening skills and can understand common customer issues.
- You are patient and empathize with customers.
- You have a solutions-oriented mindset and quick problem-solving skills.
- You have a technical understanding of how to use the internet, equipment, and the Liveops platform with minimal assistance.
What is the Work Schedule Like?
One of the main selling points about working as a Liveops agent is the flexible schedule. You have the option to choose your own schedule and make it work with your lifestyle and commitments.
Depending on the job that you apply for, there is usually a minimum of hours you need to work to stay as an active agent. Some jobs can have a minimum of only 10 hours of work a week. You have to make sure that you are meeting the minimum hours so that your contract will be renewed. If you want to work more hours, you can work as much as you want.
The best part about the flexible schedule is that Liveops will not compete with the other jobs, friends, or family members in your life. You can set aside time to work and choose a schedule that can work around your life.
How Much Does Liveops Pay?
Liveops usually pay per talk minute. The amount that you are paid per minute will depend on the type of customer service that you are providing. The average pay at Liveops is $0.25 per minute but it can go as high as $0.45. Agents report earning an average of $10 to $20 per hour.
There are also some jobs that offer a commission on top of the per talk minute payment, while some jobs are commission-based only. Again, the payment will depend on the type of job or clients. The more you work, the more you can make.
You have to send the invoice for the work you've completed to Liveops. The pay schedule is twice per month and can be paid via direct deposit or check.
Pros and Cons of Working as a Liveops Agent
Just like any other job, there are advantages and disadvantages when working for Liveops. Below is a list of the pros and cons of being a Liveops agent.
|You are your own boss.|
|You can set your own hours due to the flexible schedule.|
|You can choose to work more or work less depending on your target earnings.|
|You can work from home, saving you commuting expenses.|
|You can have another job and make Liveops your side hustle for additional income.|
|You can take a break and come back to work when you are ready.|
|Compared to other work-from-home jobs like transcription jobs, the pay is higher.|
|You have to be responsible for your own taxes (self-employed).|
|You need to have access to the required equipment or purchase them if you do not have them available.|
|You have to pay for your own internet and dedicated phone lines.|
|You have to pay for the background check fee.|
|Only available for U.S. residents of the 36 specified states.|
|You do not have control on call volume and Liveops only pay per talk minute. So you might not get paid even if you're online waiting if there are no calls.|
Who Is Liveops Perfect For?
Is Liveops the right job for you? It depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a full-time job to replace the job that you currently have, you might find that what you can earn in Liveops is lower, especially if you are planning to work less than 8 hours a day.
However, there are certain benefits that Liveops offer that could still make this job opportunity an attractive option for you.
Below are some examples of who could benefit from working at Liveops.
- You need a job that allows you to set your own hours.
- You are looking for a part-time job to supplement your regular income.
- You are graduating college soon and you do not have a full-time job lined up yet.
- You work in an entry-level job or role that offers minimum wage.
- You are currently unemployed or working in an unstable environment that can't guarantee regular hours or paychecks.
- You are a stay-at-home parent who needs to care for your child or relative.
- You have an injury or disability that prevents you from working in a traditional office environment.
- You are retired and want to continue working but do not want to commit to a full-time job.
Work From Home and Earn Money As a Liveops Agent
The job market is extremely competitive right now and with the current economy, many people are finding it difficult to find a job that offers stability and good pay. Liveops is a legit opportunity for you to make money while working from home and still achieve great work life balance.