So many people buy lottery tickets or scratch-off cards daily and fail to win any prizes. That can be a huge waste of money, right?
If you’re tired of buying lottery tickets every day but not having any luck winning actual prizes, you might want to try the Lucky Day App.
The Lucky Day App is a free app that allows you to participate in the daily lottery, play scratch-off cards, and join raffles without any cost. It claims to have cash prizes ranging from $1 – $10,000.
Too good to be true? That’s what we’re here for. We’ve looked into the company, verified information from the official Lucky Day sources, and reviewed feedback from real users and independent websites so we can highlight both the good and the bad for you.
The last thing you want is to go into the app expecting to win $100 daily only to find out that the whole thing was a scam, right? Keep reading this article to find out whether you can actually earn any money from playing these games.
In this article
- What is Lucky Day?
- How does the Lucky Day app work?
- What are the odds of winning on Lucky Day?
- How does Lucky Day pay you?
- How do you start using the Lucky Day app?
- What do other people say about the app?
- What are the pros and cons of Lucky Day?
- Is Lucky Day legit or a scam?
- What are the alternatives to Lucky Day?
- Conclusion: Is Lucky Day worth it?
What is Lucky Day?
Lucky Day is a free app that’s available for Android users. It allows you to win money by entering its jackpot lottery, playing slots, and scratching lottery tickets. It also holds raffles and other sweepstakes events that you can enter every day.
The app is developed by Lucky Day Entertainment, Inc. The company generates revenue primarily from the frequent advertising that users have to watch for them to keep on playing and using the app.
On the Google Play Store, the app has been downloaded over 10 million times, and its official website says that it has already given away as much as $10 million.
This California-based company has been around since 2015. It currently has three apps under its portfolio – Lucky Day, Dice Kings, and Blackjack Royale. You can download and play them regardless of where you are in the world. However, rewards are mostly reserved for those residing in the US.
How does the Lucky Day app work?
Lucky Day App gives you the chance to earn cash prizes and other rewards like gift cards, discount vouchers, and item prizes by playing their games. For each day that you use the app, you get a chance to win these prizes by entering the daily lottery drawing, earning scratch tickets, or joining the raffle.
The daily lottery drawing gives you the chance to win as much as $100,000. We found that winners are announced daily at 7PM PST. One to three matches award you with tokens, while four to six matches award you cash.
You will also get lottery scratch tickets that give you the chance to earn $10,000 if you successfully match the three winning symbols. Daily scratch cards are given to players every 12AM, 10AM, and 6PM PST. Make sure you play your lottery cards every day, as they disappear at 11:59:59PM PST.
The app also lets you join its daily raffle, where you can get various prizes like cash and gift cards from Walmart, Target, Amazon, and Dunkin Donuts, among others. Most of these, however, are only available in the US.
Additionally, if you’re unable to win cash prizes in their games, simply participating will earn you tokens that you can redeem for vouchers or exchange for cash. There are also other activities you can do to earn tokens like:
- Participating in surveys
- Watching videos
- Completing offers
- Inviting friends
What are the odds of winning on Lucky Day?
Lucky Day says that there are winning scratchers and a raffle cash winner every day. For scratch cards, the odds of winning a game will depend on the total entries for each daily promotion period, the number of game players, and the percentage of scratch cards claimed by players.
According to its website, it was able to award the following prizes in 2019:
|Prize type||Number of prizes|
For the lottery, the power ball has to match with another power ball. Lucky day shows the odds of winning as follows:
|Matches required||Odds of winning|
|1 set of matching balls||1:3.45 plays|
|2 sets of matching balls||1:22.02 plays|
|3 sets of matching balls||1:381.66 plays|
|4 sets of matching balls||1:20,227.82 plays|
|5 sets of matching balls||1:5,461,512 plays|
Lastly, for raffles, the odds of winning will depend on the total number of entries for each raffle during the daily drawing period. The corresponding prizes are shown on each game before you enter.
How does Lucky Day pay you?
Lucky Day rewards players with cash and tokens. Cash can be redeemed through PayPal, while tokens can be exchanged for gift cards to well-known brands like Amazon, Starbucks, Google Play, Walmart, and Target.
If you manage to win a cash prize, keep in mind that you will need to have at least $10 to cash out. You will also need a PayPal account where Lucky Day can send your winnings.
To redeem your cash, all you need to do is:
- Open your Lucky Day app
- Click on the menu icon
- Click “Redeem Cash”
- Enter your PayPal email address
- Click Redeem Cash to Paypal
Cash transfers will take about 5-10 business days. If you have the latest version of the app, you may also track the status of your redemption under the “Redemptions” menu.
You can learn more about tracking the status of your Paypal cash redemption by following this link.
On the other hand, if you manage to win tokens, you can easily redeem them for item prizes or gift cards. All you need to do is:
- Open your Lucky Day app
- Click on the menu icon
- Click “Instant Rewards”
- Choose your prize from their list of available prizes
How do you start using the Lucky Day app?
To start using Lucky Day, just follow the steps below:
- Go to the Google Play Store and download the app.
- Once installed, simply sign up with your Google or Facebook account. Remember to look thoroughly through the Terms and Conditions before creating your account.
- Once you’ve signed up and agreed to their Terms and Conditions, you can already start playing the app.
Once again, Lucky Day is available in all countries unless prohibited by law. In general, the age requirement to start playing, according to Lucky Day’s Terms and Conditions, will depend on “the legal age of majority under applicable laws in the jurisdiction in which you reside.”
What do other people say about the app?
Lucky Day initially opened to some positive responses. In fact, the app still averages 4/5 stars on the Google Play Store today. However, recently, the app has been receiving a lot of flak for several reasons.
Perhaps most importantly, many people are saying that they are stuck with their earnings of $9 to $9.75 and could never seem to hit the $10 mark needed to cash out. Many people are claiming that they have been stuck here for over a year already.
Recently, the app also seems to have lost its $5 vouchers. The minimum voucher amount that users can now claim is $200, which would cost too much time to earn tokens.
Some users also report losing their tokens or earnings after updates are released. Others say they sometimes win the scratch-off tickets but no longer receive a cash prize.
In general, the app opened to positive reviews, but in the last 2 years, many people have been complaining about it.
What are the pros and cons of Lucky Day?
Here are some of the pros and cons of playing this app.
There isn’t any risk of you losing your money.The games can be fun and exciting to play.
You will have to be extremely lucky to win any money.Ads are frequent and can be annoyingGift cards with smaller values are often out of stock, preventing people from redeeming their prizes. A lot of users complain that they have been stuck at $9-$9.75 for over a year already.
Is Lucky Day legit or a scam?
Overall, the app is a legitimate app that pays you to participate in the daily lottery, play scratch-off tickets, and join in other forms of sweepstakes.
Despite the negative reviews it has been receiving recently, the app is still considered legit because some still win prizes from playing.
While many people seem to be stuck at $9-$9.75, some still win from the lottery and the scratch-off tickets. You will just have to be extremely lucky to win money.
The vouchers on the app are also very much valid. They will just take longer to earn, but if it’s a question of validity, then yes, you can keep playing to earn tokens and collect enough for you to be able to claim a gift card from the app.
The good thing about it is that you never have to pay anything to participate in the games. All you need to have with you is enough patience to deal with all the ads in the game.
What are the alternatives to Lucky Day?
If Lucky Day isn’t for you, there are several other apps you can try. We’ve listed some of them below so you can check them out.
- Solitaire Cube – It’s a free mobile gaming app that allows users to play card games and earn money by competing in cash tournaments. The app is available on the Apple App Store and has an average of 4.6 stars from over 50,000 reviews.
- Mistplay – Mistplay is another app exclusive for Android users that pay gamers in gift cards to play games. The app has many redeemable gift cards from big brands that you can choose from. Some of these include Amazon, Playstation Network, Visa, and the Android Play Store.
- Swagbucks LIVE – Swagbucks LIVE is a legitimate app that allows you to win real money or gift cards by answering trivia questions. It’s available on both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store and has an average of over 4.5 stars on both platforms.
- InboxDollars – InboxDollars is another app that allows you to earn cash and gift cards by playing games, completing surveys, and sharing your opinion. It has an average of over 4 stars from about 100,000 reviews on both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
- Swagbucks – Swagbucks is one of the more popular platforms that allow users to earn cash and gift cards by answering surveys, playing games, and participating in polls. You can also earn gift cards and other cash rewards if you shop for certain brands using the app. The app is available on both Android and iOS and has a lot of positive reviews.
- Survey Junkie – Survey Junkie is another famous app known for paying users in cash or gift cards for taking fun and interesting surveys. Like Swagbucks, it is available on both Android and iOS and has a high user rating.
Conclusion: Is Lucky Day worth it?
All things considered, if you can spare about 5 minutes of your time per day and have the storage space on your phone for it, then yes, playing the Lucky Day app can be worth it. It will not cost you any money to play, and some users were lucky enough to win huge prizes.
Just make sure you don’t get your hopes up too high. Remember that it’s a free-to-play game, so you’re not risking any money to participate, but you still have a chance to win cash and gift cards with enough luck or patience.