This post may contain affiliate links. Which means we may earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Do you want to try Under Armour’s products, especially the never-before-seen kicks and apparel?
We’ve tried to sign up ourselves and see how it works. We’ve also checked Under Armour’s official site, reached out to customer service, and read dozens of reviews from people who had Under Armour tester jobs.
Through these steps, we’re able to provide you with a comprehensive guide on Under Armour product testing.
Keep reading to know how you can try the company’s products before they hit the market and probably get to keep some of them at the end of the testing period.
You can increase your chances of getting chosen as an Under Armour product tester, so read until the end!
Table of Contents
- How Does Under Armour Product Testing Work?
- How to Apply as an Under Armour Product Tester
- What Happens if You Get Selected for the Under Armour Field Testing Program?
- How Are Under Armour Product Testers Chosen?
- Do You Get Paid for Testing Under Armour Products?
- How Do You Increase Your Chances of Becoming an Under Armour Product Tester?
- What are the Benefits of Under Armour’s Field Testing Program?
- What Other Product Testing Programs Can You Try?
- Is it Worth it to be an Under Armour Product Tester?
How Does Under Armour Product Testing Work?
Allowing customers to test products lets companies get objective opinions and insights on how to improve their products. That’s why startups to multinational corporations initiate product testing programs.
One of those businesses is Under Armour, a sports equipment company that focuses on manufacturing casual and sports apparel and footwear.
Through the Under Armour testing program, you’ll have the opportunity to try new gear and shoes from the brand.
First, you need to register. Second, if the company finds you to be a good fit, it will send you the newest Under Armour products—T-shirts, shorts, sneakers, or anything from its collection. Lastly, you’ll provide feedback before usually returning the product.
How to Apply as an Under Armour Product Tester
Here are the steps to register for the Under Armour product tester.
- Visit the Under Armour portal for product testers.
- Under the “New to Under Armour Field Testing?” category, click Apply Here.
- Type your email address on the next page.
- Provide your preferred password on the next page. Take note of the required passcode: at least 8 characters with at least one number.
- You will be redirected to the next page, which contains detailed information about the program. Scroll down to the bottom, then choose between two consent statements according to your age.
- The website will once again redirect you to another page. On this page, you need to do the following:
- Check the box to affirm that you’re not related to a direct competitor of Under Armour.
- Provide your signature.
- Type your full name.
- After completing the steps required on step number 6, choose the country you reside in.
- For the next instruction, input the following personal and contact information.
- Full name
- Shipping address
- Postal code
- Phone number
- On the next page, Under Armour will ask if you’re an employee of the company.
- At the end of the survey, Under Armour informs you to check your email for further instructions.
After undergoing the initial process of signing up, the company will send you an email instructing you to log in to the portal.
- Navigate through the menu, which shows the categories: Profile, Sizes, Sports, and Connected Fitness.
- Once you click the Sizes, tap the “Begin” button to start answering queries about your:
- Height in inches
- Weight (lbs)
- Shirt size
- Jacket size
- Athletic short size
- Athletic pants size
- Sports bra size
- Bra brand measurements
- Bra cup size
- Pant size (US)
- Pant size (denim/jeans size)
- Pant length
- Shoe size
- Foot width
- Glove size
- Hat size
- After completing the questionnaire, the website will redirect you to the profile page.
- After answering the questions regarding your apparel and shoe sizes, click the Sports category.
- Select your sports among the 23 options. If your sports are included in the list, there’s a high chance that Under Armour prioritizes testing products on athletes or fitness enthusiasts like you.
|Field Hockey||Ice Hockey||Tactical||Training/Studio|
|American Football||Lacrosse||Snow Sports||Water Sports|
We chose running, so the questions are:
- In what months do you run?
- How many miles do you run on a weekly basis?
- How many years have you been running consistently?
- Do you race?
- After answering the survey, you will be redirected to the profile page again.
- Toggle through the Connected Fitness category, then click Begin.
- In this bracket, you will be asked the following:
- How many days per week do you use electronic health/fitness devices?
- Which smartphone operating system do you use?
Once you’re done answering all the questions from each group, monitor the inbox located in the upper right corner of the site. Here, you’ll find messages from Under Armour regarding your application.
What Happens if You Get Selected for the Under Armour Field Testing Program?
After Under Armour approves your application, they’ll remind you of three different “Milestones” accessible on the left side of the portal.
- Under Armour will give instructions, like running 10 miles or washing your shirt, shorts, or gear.
- The company will send a message that you can readily see on the portal’s inbox. This way, you’ll be informed when you’ve completed a task.
- A representative will ask for a detailed review of your testing experience.
You can also access current, upcoming, potential, and completed tasks under the “Tests” category.
Indeed, the portal provides an all-in-one platform where you can check your application status, contact Under Armour representatives, and give feedback should you be chosen for the clothing brand’s product testing program.
How Are Under Armour Product Testers Chosen?
You might be surprised about the number of surveys you’re required to answer during the application period, but almost all of the companies that search for product testers employ this kind of strategy.
Under Armour asks questions about your height, weight, age, apparel size, gender, and physical activities because it needs a specific demographic to test the free Under Armour gear.
For example, if Under Armour is looking for runners, it will prioritize applicants engaged in that particular sport. Not only that, but the footwear company also considers an individual’s level of experience. As a result, it can test shoes for trail, marathon, or newbie runners.
Also, the portal has a dedicated section for “Connected Fitness,” or the gadgets used during physical activities. Examples of these are wrist devices, headphones, sleep and heart rate monitors. This means that aside from footwear and apparel, it’s also looking for people who regularly use such devices.
After it chooses from certain groups, like runners, basketball players, or hikers, Under Armour will narrow down the selection based on other criteria. As a result, it can already choose the successful applicants for a particular product.
Do You Get Paid for Testing Under Armour Products?
Usually, after trying the new Under Armour gear or shoes for up to 2 months, you’ll need to return the product. There’s also no salary for being a field tester.
But, if you’ve been consistently providing valuable feedback, there’s a high chance that Under Armour will pick you as a product tester again. There’s no need to go through the signing-up process; all you need to do is update your apparel sizes and physical activity details on the portal.
How Do You Increase Your Chances of Becoming an Under Armour Product Tester?
Now that you’re eager to test the newest Under Armour products, here are some tips to get picked for product testing:
- Make sure to fill out all details on each questionnaire. This strategy will increase your chances of being chosen as a product tester since the company will have complete information about your profile.
- Input as many sports as you’re engaged in. Under Armour asks about an applicant’s physical activity because it searches for people who have a certain level of experience in such activities.
- Check the portal regularly for messages from Under Armour. Reply promptly to the company’s representatives to show your willingness to participate in the program.
What are the Benefits of Under Armour’s Field Testing Program?
You’ll be the first to try the newest Under Armour gear and shoes, which you can keep for up to 2 months! If Under Armour discovers that you give good reviews, it will continue sending products for you to test.
Also, your comments and suggestions will help the company improve the product. It’s an exciting experience to tell friends and family.
But, in the meantime, keep it a secret because the program involves never-before-seen shoes, clothes, and gadgets.
Since you’re testing prototypes, you’ll have deep knowledge of what constitutes excellent footwear. You can then use this information when assessing which shoes to buy.
What Other Product Testing Programs Can You Try?
You can check these other brands that offer the same program. In general, they have the same requirements and sign-up process. These companies will ask for personal details and lifestyle to gauge if you’re fit for their respective programs:
Is it Worth it to be an Under Armour Product Tester?
If you want to use the latest Under Armour shoes and apparel, as well as the brand’s latest gadgets, then this program is for you. You can use the products for up to 2 months without paying for anything. It’s a great way to discover prototypes and contribute to the item’s improvement.