This post may contain affiliate links. Which means we may earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Although you have a day job, it doesn’t pay nearly as much as you need. Instead of waiting for your boss to give you a raise, you decide to take control of your finances by creating multiple income streams.
There are hundreds of money-making apps nowadays. You have the liberty to choose whatever platform suits your needs, but you might find the sheer number of options intimidating.
But don’t worry—we can help you jumpstart your research. Our team compiled the most widely known and trusted best-paying apps for making extra money.
This piece walks you through your options. You’ll have a clear grasp of each platform’s sign-up process, money-making opportunities, daily responsibilities, cashout requirements, and earning potential.
Moreover, we tried some of these apps and scoured the net for relevant feedback from other users. Before signing up for any platform, you can set realistic expectations by referring to these reviews.
We know how challenging it is to make money in this economic climate. The best we can do to help is weed out shady gigs and pyramiding scams so that you only use the best money-making apps.
Stick with us until the end so you won’t end up wasting your time on a low-paying platform that requires too much effort.
Let’s start our review of the top money-earning apps!
Table of Contents
- Simple GPT Apps
- 1. InboxDollars
- 2. Swagbucks
- 3. UserTesting
- Health and Wellness
- Cash-Backs and Shopping
- High-Paying Gig Apps
- 1. Amazon Flex
- 2. Decluttr
- 3. DoorDash
- 4. Uber
- Factors to Look for in High-Paying Apps
- Tips to Avoid Scams
- Making Most of the Gig Economy
Simple GPT Apps
Get-Paid-To (GPT) apps pay users to complete simple tasks like answering surveys, downloading apps, and playing mobile games.
They have low barriers to entry. Anyone of legal age with a smartphone and bank account can start earning on these apps.
Disclaimer: You won’t make a full-time income on GPT apps. You can only rely on these platforms to cover incident expenses like parking tickets, laundry, and coffee.
InboxDollars is a widely known and trusted GPT app. It has a massive user database and has already paid more than $80 million worth of rewards to date.
The app had a very humble origin. Although the company is now a subsidiary of Prodege, its founder Daren Cotter coded the app’s beta version from his college dorm room.
It started as a discount platform and promotional website. However, it soon expanded its market as a GPT app and incorporated other money-making opportunities.
How to Make Money on InboxDollars
InboxDollars pays users for performing super-simple, straightforward tasks like:
- Reading Paid Emails: InboxDollars pays you to read the promotional emails of its partner brands, clients, and businesses. Most of these are ads. You don’t have to buy anything, but you’ll get massive discounts if you ever opt for the advertised products.
- Answering Surveys: Complete paid market research surveys. InboxDollars gathers these surveys from partner brands that need to gather first-hand consumer insights.
- Watching Videos: You can make a couple of bucks per hour of watching random ads and promotional videos on InboxDollars.
- Collecting Coupons: Always visit the coupons and discounts page before doing your groceries. The platform has several exclusive offers.
InboxDollar Earning Potential
Most tasks on InboxDollars only pay $0.50 to $2. We noticed that the available coupons and promos yield higher returns in terms of savings.
The platform has several earning opportunities. Based on our experience, we estimate you could average $2 to $6 per day if you spend at least two hours on the platform accomplishing various tasks daily.
Pros and Cons
|Trusted app backed two decades of industry experience||Withdrawals take 3 to 5 business days|
|Multiple earning opportunities||Steep cashout minimum of $30|
|Consistent earnings possible||Geo-restrictions|
|$5 sign-up bonus|
|Coupon and cash-back promos|
How to Sign Up on InboxDollars
Follow these steps to get started:
- Head to the InboxDollars website and input your preferred login credentials.
- Wait for the confirmation email.
- Complete your demographic profile to receive more accurate opportunities.
- Explore the offers page.
Swagbucks stands as one of the most widely known GPT apps. The company started in 2008 as a paid survey app and has expanded its money-making opportunities since then.
Today, Swagbucks boasts more than 10 million active users. Also, the app has already paid $717 million worth of rewards, including gift cards, bank transfers, and PayPal withdrawals.
How to Make Money on Swagbucks
Swagbucks offers several money-making opportunities. You can make points by:
- Answering Surveys: Most of your earnings on Swagbucks will come from answering surveys. The app sends survey opportunities based on your demographic profile (i.e., age, race, gender, shopping preferences).
- Downloading and Installing Apps: Swagbucks pays users to download its sponsored apps. Note that you’ll find most of these apps on Google Play and the App Store, but you’ll only get your commission if you download the app through Swagbucks.
- Playing Mobile Games: Keep an eye out for game challenges. You can make a couple of bucks by reaching in-game accomplishments like leveling up or finishing quests.
- Watching Videos: You’ll make a few bucks per hour by watching sponsored videos of various ads and promotions.
Swagbucks Earning Potential
Swagbucks rewards its users SB for accomplishing the tasks we mentioned in the section above. 100 SB equates to $1. You can convert these into gift cards or withdraw them as cash to your bank account.
After using the platform ourselves, we estimate you’ll average $1 to $5 per day if you use the app for at least one to two hours daily on tasks paying 200+ SB
Pros and Con
|Widely known and trusted GPT app||Rewards take 10 business days upon task submission|
|Multiple earning opportunities||Withdrawals take 1 to 2 business days|
|Available on iOS, Android, and PC devices||Saturated, competitive user base|
|Several paid surveys daily||Several survey disqualifications|
How to Sign Up on Swagbucks
- Head to the Swagbucks website and create an account. Input your preferred login credentials.
- Collect your sign-up bonus.
- Complete your demographic profile so that Swagbucks sends more accurate survey opportunities.
- Explore the earning opportunities on the homepage.
UserTesting connects webmasters with beta testers. The webmasters partner with the company to gain third-party insights into their website’s UI, while beta testers get paid to review these sites.
The company started in 1999. Its founders, Dave Garr and Darrell Benatar, noticed that most developers only focused on aesthetics and overlooked crucial factors like usability and functionality.
They wanted to help change this misconception. As such, the two created a beta testing platform where site developers could ask for unfiltered feedback without looking for testers themselves.
How to Make Money on UserTesting
You make money on UserTesting by testing and reviewing beta websites.
Generally, the platform will send you requests. You’ll try qualifying for it, and you’ll receive the website details if you’re successful.
Next, you’ll go through the website as you record your insights via audio. Note that UserTesting requires users to submit clear, crisp audio recordings, or else they’ll repeat the entire test.
Note that beta testers should provide honest reviews. Don’t worry—whether you compliment or criticize the guy won’t affect your account on UserTesting.
UserTesting Earning Potential
Beta testing requests that take 15 to 20 minutes to accomplish pay $10. You might come across a few lengthier tests paying higher rates, but don’t expect to see much of them.
Based on recent reviews, most users qualify for four to six tests per week. If you average between $10 to $15 per test, you could add an extra $40 to $90 to your weekly income.
However, more frequent users could try qualifying for three to four requests daily. If you successfully do so, your income would spike to $150+.
Pros and Cons
|Relatively good payout rates||Saturated user base|
|Multiple testing opportunities||Tests fill up fast|
|Part-timers make $50 to $100 per week reviewing simple sites||Reviews require super crisp, clear audio recordings|
|Higher rates for lengthier tests||Users with a clear accent have an advantage|
How to Sign Up on UserTesting
- Go to UserTesting and enter your preferred login email.
- You’ll need to undergo a practice test to qualify for the platform.
- Complete your profile so that the system can send you suitable testing opportunities.
- Share your feedback and start making money.
Health and Wellness
You can combine your health and financial goals! Several money-making apps will pay you for achieving a fixed number of daily steps, staying within your recommended calorie intake, and exercising several times a week.
Have you ever wanted to try joining weight loss programs like The Biggest Loser? If so, then you should seriously consider signing up for HealthyWage.
It is a health and wellness app that helps users achieve their weight loss goal through incentives and punishments. The website’s rewards programs even claims it’s willing to pay up to $10,000 in rewards.
How to Make Money on HealthyWage
HealthyWage allows users to bet on their weight loss. The idea is to bet a fixed amount every month until your target end date (minimum of six months).
If you reach your goal, the platform will give you your earnings, but you’ll lose all your bets if you don’t. Note that higher weight loss goals for shorter time frames yield the most winnings.
HealthyWage Earning Potential
Can you really win $10,000 on HealthyWage? Technically, it’s not impossible.
However, HealthyWage follows a betting system, and your earnings will depend on your weight loss goal, monthly investment, and end result. You can calculate your potential earnings online.
However, to give you an idea of the app’s earning potential, we tried the calculator ourselves. The systems asked for the following information:
- Age: 26
- Bet: $40 /month
- Current weight: 250 lbs.
- Dietary habits: Poor
- Exercise level: Sedentary
- Gender: Male
- Goal weight: 210 lbs.
- Height: 5 ft. 6 in.
- Target end date: 6 months
- Weight loss motivation: Looking better
Based on the sample factors we entered above, the system said we could potentially win $636.30 if we achieved our goal weight.
Pros and Cons
|High potential winnings||100% losses if you don’t achieve your goal|
|Incentivizes users to achieve weight loss goals||Geo-restrictions|
|Customizable fitness goals|
|More skin in the game equals higher earnings|
How to Sign Up on HealthyWage
- Visit the HealthyWage website and set your fitness goals. You’ll also get an estimate of your potential winnings.
- Answer fitness-related questions until you complete your profile.
- Check your earnings and reassess the feasibility of your goal.
- Click next and pay your first month’s bet.
- Verify your weight through their online referee, wait for account verification, and start your weight loss journey.
If you’re confident in your ability to commit to a steady cardio routine and willing to bet on it, try StepBet.
This health and wellness app lets users make money off their physical activity—specifically their steps. You can walk, jog, or sprint to meet your set goal.
How to Make Money on StepBet
You make money by completing challenges. The app has a free trial, but members paying $6.99 per month get access to better-paying challenges.
Disclaimer: We generally don’t advise paying sign-up fees. However, considering the app’s legitimate payout history, there’s a good chance you’ll at least earn back your membership fee.
Once you have an account, you choose between different challenges that’ll calculate step goals based on your current level of physical activity.
You’ll have two goals: active and power goals. The latter is more challenging, but you’ll have to achieve both goals within a week to qualify for winnings.
StepBet Earning Potential
The app’s rewards page states you could make hundreds depending on the difficulty of your challenge. However, you might have to place a significant bet as well.
After browsing the app ourselves, we found that most users willing to place $50+ bets and take on lengthy challenges can make $100+ per month.
Pros and Cons
|Legitimate payouts||StepBet takes 15% of all earnings|
|Multiple-step challenges||$6.99 membership fee|
|Earnings increase based on bets|
|Step goals are achievable|
How to Sign Up on StepBet
- Visit the StepBet website.
- Enter your contact number and input your preferred login credentials.
- Download the app on your iOS or Android device.
- Log in, sign up for a membership, then input your preferred payment method.
- Calibrate your step tracker.
- Take on challenges and start making money.
Cash-Backs and Shopping
Don’t skip cash-back apps when looking into the best money-making apps. Although they don’t pay as much as GPT and gig apps, they require little to no effort and make an excellent passive income stream.
Rakuten is a Japanese eCommerce company. It started in 1997, and it primarily attracts its users with its free, straightforward sign-up process and massive cashback rewards.
Dozens of online retail sites offer discounts nowadays. However, Rakuten claims to be the number 1 platform since it has 3,500+ store partners and 15 million members, plus it has already paid $2 billion in cashback.
How to Make Money on Rakuten
Rakuten helps its partner merchant gain more sales by sending new, exclusive offers to its massive user database. Most offers are also available in the partner store’s online and brick-and-mortar stores.
However, if you shop on Rakuten, you’ll receive exclusive discounts. Partner merchants pay Rakuten to send specific offers to you, and Rakuten gives you a portion of its earnings in the form of cashback.
So, how do you earn money? The answer: just keep shopping!
Search your favorite stores on the platform, check out their product offers, and purchase from the ones you want. You should receive your cashback every three months.
Rakuten Earning Potential
Your quarterly earnings depend on the following factors:
- Shopping Frequency: Shoppers who use the app more frequently ultimately enjoy higher cashback. However, don’t mindlessly spend money. No amount of cashback will justify unnecessary expenses.
- Discounts: The cashback you receive ultimately depends on the offers you take.
- Favorite Stores: Some stores drop discounts more frequently than others. Unless these brands offer products that you like to shop online, you might not maximize the best deals.
- Shopping Season: Rakuten still offers cashback during major shopping holidays like Black Friday.
Pros and Cons
|Free to sign up for an account||Not available in the U.K.|
|$10 sign-up bonus||Cashback takes three months to process|
|3,500+ retail partners worldwide||You don’t “earn” an income|
|Highly rated on Trustpilot|
|Massive user database|
How to Sign Up on Rakuten
- Visit the Rakuten website and hit the Join Now button.
- Enter your preferred login credentials or log in using your Facebook account.
- Read the terms and conditions, then complete your profile.
- Link your PayPal address for cashback.
- Start shopping!
Ibotta is another widely known and trusted cashback platform. Although it partners with various movie theaters, convenience stores, and restaurants, it primarily offers discounts at grocery retailers.
Also, the company boasts a massive database. It claims to have paid more than $1 billion in cash rewards to 35 million users in the past decade, putting it a notch above other discount platforms.
How to Make Money on Ibotta
You earn cashback by claiming offers and discounts while shopping at qualified retail merchants. Check your extension for ongoing promos.
Keep shopping until you reach $20 in earnings. After which, you can transfer the funds to your PayPal account or convert them into gift cards.
Ibotta Earning Potential
Your cashback earnings heavily depend on your shopping frequency. However, the company claims that casual users make about $10 to $20 per month, while active shoppers average $100 to $300.
Pros and Cons
|Free to sign up for an account||$3.99 earnings deduction after 6 months of inactivity|
|Same-day cashback||$20 cashout minimum|
|Multiple withdrawal options||Cashback offers must be claimed before purchases|
|Broad range of goods|
How to Sign Up on Ibotta
- Visit Ibotta and hit the Sign-Up button.
- Enter your preferred login credentials, hit Next, then complete your shopper profile.
- Afterward, download the Ibotta browser extension.
- Every time you visit a partner retailer’s website, the extension will pop up and prompt you to activate it.
- You’ll see all the available cashback offers through the extension window.
- Shop and choose the best deals.
If you love gift cards but can’t seem to find enough of them, try Raise. It’s an online marketplace that lets you buy and sell discounted gift cards.
How to Make Money on Raise
You can make money on Raise by either:
- Buying Discounted Gift Cards. Visit Raise before going shopping. You might come across some neat discounted gift cards that you could use ASAP.
- Selling Unused Gift Cards. Don’t throw away your unwanted gift cards. Although you won’t convert their total value to cash, you can still sell them for a decent price.
You probably got these gift cards for free. As such, any amount you make on them counts toward profit.
Raise Earning Potential
You can save $10 to $20 per month in discounts. However, you could increase your earnings a bit if you regularly receive random gift cards from work, newspapers, or magazine subscriptions.
Pros and Cons
|Broad range of retail partners||You don’t “earn” an income on discounts|
|Free to sign up for an account||Gift cards must be sold for less than 70% of their total price|
How to Sign Up on Raise
- Visit Raise and hit the Sign Up button.
- Enter your preferred login credentials, then answer a few questions for your profile.
- Select either the Buy or Sell tab.
- Explore the offers available, see what gift cards you can sell, and collect your earnings!
High-Paying Gig Apps
This section includes the highest-paying gig apps available. However, note that these apps have high-involvement tasks, stringent requirements, and specific resource requirements (i.e., driver’s license, delivery vehicle).
1. Amazon Flex
Through Amazon Flex, independent contractors can deliver Amazon packages using their private vehicles. Think of it as DoorDash for Amazon.
Also, recent updates allow drivers to take more control by letting them choose their preferred hours and workdays, although you’ll still have to work three- or six-hour blocks.
How to Make Money on Amazon Flex
Amazon Flex has a relatively straightforward system: deliver packages. On a typical workday, you’ll receive orders through the app, manage your queue, pick up the packages at the nearest delivery station, then proceed with your door-to-door deliveries.
Amazon Flex pays its riders properly. However, you’ll have to meet a certain quota based on your location and work shifts.
Amazon Flex Earning Potential
Reviews show that Amazon Flex drivers make anywhere from $18 to $25 per hour. If you work three-hour blocks seven days a week, you’ll earn $1,620 to $2,250 every month.
The earning potential sounds appealing. However, note that Amazon Flex requires drivers to provide their own vehicle, so you’ll also shoulder gas, repairs, maintenance, and monthly car payments.
For instance, let’s say you drive a $25,000 Toyota Prius, while its monthly payments and maintenance fees are $450 and $150, respectively.
Assuming that it has a 58 mpg fuel consumption. If you drive 150 to 200 miles per day, you’d have to spend $15 to $20 on gas.
Considering all these expenses, you’d have to set aside at least $1,050 to $1,200 every month to maintain your vehicle. As such, you’d have around $600 to $1,000 left for yourself.
Pros and Cons
|Flexible scheduling available||Requires you to have your own vehicle|
|Unlimited orders ready for delivery||Gas prices are at an all-time high|
|Decent hourly rates||Parking is a hassle|
|Direct deposit payments twice a week||You can’t carry bulky, heavy packages easily|
|Control over your delivery locations||Not everyone tips|
How to Sign Up on Amazon Flex
- Head over to Amazon Flex and hit the Let’s Drive button.
- Prepare your driver’s license and vehicle paperwork. You can also browse the site’s minimum requirement to assess if you’ll qualify.
- Download the app on your iOS or Android device. Note: you can only download the app’s Android version on the Amazon Flex website.
- Watch the videos explaining the Amazon Flex system in detail.
- Indicate your delivery preferences and availability.
- Link your profile to a qualified bank account.
- Start taking orders.
If you need a quick, hassle-free way to exchange old items for cash, check Decluttr. It buys old cell phones, laptops, tablets, books, CDs, gaming consoles, and tech wearables—assuming they’re still in good condition.
Also, you can rest assured that Decluttr has a legitimate system. The site has a BBB accreditation and a 4.5 rating on Trustpilot so that you won’t worry about any scams or dishonest offers.
How to Make Money on Decluttr
Decluttr offers a fast, straightforward way for consumers to sell their old items. Just visit the website, search for the gadget you wish to sell, then calculate the initial offer.
Once you agree to the offer, you can send the item for assessment. Decluttr will start processing your payment the day after its assessment, so your funds should reflect in your bank account within three to five business days.
Decluttr Earning Potential
Your earnings on Decluttr depend on the items you sell. Although the platform buys a wide range of products, you’ll get the best offers for newer gadgets in excellent condition. Faulty items don’t often sell for much.
For instance, let’s say you want to sell your factory unlocked iPhone X 256 GB. You’ll get $172 if the device is in good condition, but you’ll only receive up to $34.40 if the device is malfunctioning.
From the get-go, you’ll also realize that you can sell your stuff for more on Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, or eBay. The same iPhone X model runs for $200 to $300 on eBay.
However, Decluttr guarantees instant offers. You won’t have to talk to buyers, create listings, or deal with hagglers. Just send your item for quality assessment, and you’re good to go!
Pros and Cons
|Fast cashouts once you agree to the price estimate||Stringent quality assessment program|
|The platform pays you themselves||Relatively low but fair price offers|
|You can sell various tech and non-tech items||Most gadgets have to be in good condition|
|Instant price offers and calculators|
|Free to ship your items for sale|
How to Sign Up on Decluttr
- Visit the Decluttr website and hit the Start Selling tab.
- Enter the details of the device or item you want to sell.
- Check the initial offer. If you’re happy with it, hit the Sell This Device Button and proceed to the checkout counter.
- Entry your preferred login credentials to create an account.
- Take note of the shipping instructions, send your device for quality assessment, then wait for a confirmation.
- You should receive your payment once Decluttr assesses your item.
DoorDash is a food delivery platform that lets restaurants and consumers use independent contractors to fulfill orders. More simply put, consumers get DoorDash drivers, otherwise known as Dashers, to deliver their food.
It stands as the number one food delivery platform to date. A study by Bloomberg shows that DoorDash and its subsidiaries generated 59% of the past year’s meal delivery sales in the U.S. Meanwhile, Uber Eats only came in second.
How to Make Money on DoorDash
Dashers make money by fulfilling food delivery orders. They receive multiple orders through their app, select ones they want to fulfill, pick up the orders, then deliver them to their respective customers.
You can do this as many times as you want. Full-time dashers spend 8 to 10 hours per day on the road, while part-timers already make a decent income from just 2 to 3 hours’ worth of work.
DoorDash Earning Potential
Your earnings as a Dasher depend on the number of orders you fulfill. The more orders you accept and accomplish in a day, the higher your daily earnings.
However, to give you an idea of your earning potential, DoorDash mentions on its rewards page that Dashers average $25 per hour. Also, you’ll keep 100% of your tips.
Although the numbers sound appealing, note that you also have to provide your own delivery vehicle. DoorDash will not shoulder repairs, maintenance, gas, or monthly payments.
Pros and Cons
|You can select your preferred location and availability||Dashers provide their own delivery vehicle|
|Hotspots tell you where the most deliveries come from||Competitive market with a massive user base|
|You keep 100% of the tips||Gas prices are at an all-time high|
|Massive database of frequent customers||Some locations don’t get many deliveries|
|You can work as many hours as you want|
How to Sign Up on DoorDash
- Visit DoorDash and sign up as a Dasher.
- Enter your email address, name, zip code, and delivery vehicle details.
- Next, consent to a background check so that DoorDash can verify whether you’re fit and qualified to deliver orders.
- Link your bank account for payouts.
- Finally, download the DoorDash app and start taking orders.
Uber stands as one of the most widely known and used Mobility as a Service platform worldwide. It has nearly 4 million drivers worldwide.
The company started as a ride-sharing company in 2008. However, it expanded into food and package delivery a few years later, positioning it as a versatile, one-stop-shop MaaS.
How to Make Money on Uber
Uber drivers primarily make money through the following services:
Uber’s primary service is ride-sharing. The platform lets users book a ride through independent contractors driving their vehicles.
As a driver, your typical day would involve waiting for hailing requests. Accept the order you want to fulfill, fetch the customer at the pick-up point, then drive them straight to their drop-off point.
You automatically become an Uber Eats driver upon qualification. You’ll see the option to take food delivery orders inside the driver app.
Uber Eats follows a pretty straightforward system. You’ll see food orders on the app, take the ones you want, pick up orders from their respective restaurants, then deliver them to the customer’s specified address.
Uber Earning Potential
Your earnings as an Uber driver will depend on the number of orders you take. If you commit to more ride-sharing and food delivery requests, you’ll make significantly more every day.
However, you’ll also have to put in the work. Drivers working part-time typically focus on either ride-sharing or food delivery—not both.
To give you an idea of your earning potential, Uber states that most of its drivers average $25 per hour, plus 100% of the tips they get.
Just note that you’re responsible for your vehicle. Even if you make $250 every day, you’ll still have to deduct the cost of gas, insurance, maintenance, repairs, and auto loan payments.
Pros and Cons
|Surcharge pricing during peak hours of the day||Stringent qualification process|
|Customer ratings boost your profile reputability||You can only use 2010 model vehicles or newer|
|Automated system streamlines orders||Gas prices are at an all-time high|
|Multiple earning opportunities||Parking is challenging|
|Allows full-time work||Drivers provide their own vehicles|
How to Sign Up on Uber
- Download the Uber Drivers app on the App Store or Play Store.
- Enter your email address, zip code, and name.
- Complete your profile, then consent to a background check.
- Send your driver’s license, vehicle registration, and any state-specific documents that Uber requires.
- Wait for a confirmation within three to five business days.
Factors to Look for in High-Paying Apps
Don’t worry if you still can’t choose from our recommendations. To further narrow down your options, assess the top money-earning apps based on the following factors:
Your GPT and gig app earnings will be commensurate with the job requirements. Don’t just focus on making money fast.
As a general rule, repetitive, simple tasks that require no special skills, like answering surveys or downloading apps pay less. Meanwhile, high-involvement gig apps like ride-sharing platforms yield higher payouts.
Overhead and Resources Required
Although legitimate gig apps don’t charge sign-up fees, they often require specific resources and technologies. Again, these requirements will vary based on the work you’ll do.
Let’s look at GPT apps. Anyone of legal age can sign up for these platforms, but you’ll at least need a compatible smartphone and working bank account to start earning.
Now, let’s assess gig apps like DoorDash and Uber Eats. Apart from having compatible smartphones, you’ll need a qualified motor vehicle for your daily deliveries.
Sign-Up and Qualification Process
Review the sign-up process of your preferred money-making platform. See if you qualify.
Most GPT apps only require users to be of legal age. However, high-involvement gig apps like ride-sharing and food delivery platforms have more stringent requirements.
Do a quick self-assessment of whether you can take on the gig app. Meeting the sign-up qualifications doesn’t guarantee future earnings.
Remember: gig apps pay based on your performance. They don’t care how much time you spend working as long as you meet their deliverables and KPIs.
Minimum Hours Required
Calculate how much free time you can allot for your side gig. Reconsider your options if you doubt you’ll meet your preferred app’s quota.
Generally, gig apps don’t require users to work a fixed number of hours. However, you might need to accomplish a certain number of daily tasks to utilize the system’s payouts, or else you won’t even get an ROI.
Tips to Avoid Scams
If this is your first time trying money-making apps, you’re probably worried about losing time and money to scams.
We can’t blame you for feeling that way. With dozens of shady platforms disguised as earning opportunities, sorting the legitimate from the illicit ones is a challenge in itself.
These scams won’t go away as long as people fall victim to them. You’d do well to protect yourself by:
Reading Real User Reviews
Before signing up for any money-making platform, read user reviews. Scour the net for official sources, unbiased reviews, and real user testimonials to get first-hand insights into the app.
We suggest starting your research on the following platforms:
- Reddit: For unfiltered, unbiased reviews, turn straight to Reddit. The platform consists of anonymous users who don’t shy from sharing their thoughts with the world.
- Trustpilot: Disgruntled customers often go to Trustpilot to post their complaints. Reconsider signing up for any app that has too many poor reviews.
- Better Business Bureau: The BBB is an independent organization that reviews products and services. It aims to provide unbiased, objective information. Although you’ll need to sign up to access its complete list of directories, you’ll already see general ratings with a free account.
Avoiding Apps With Sign-Up Fees
As a general rule, avoid GPT apps that require users to pay sign-up fees. Whether the app lets you answer surveys or deliver fast-food orders, you should be able to create an account for free.
Using a Backup Email Address
Use backup email addresses when trying new money-making platforms. Most of these apps will send you promotional emails aggressively, and you won’t want them anywhere near your primary email account.
Also, note that some shady GPT apps sell their users’ information. To play it safe, avoid disclosing accounts tied to your social media profiles or online banking apps.
Withholding Specific Information
Don’t trust online money-making platforms too quickly. Even if they pay their users properly, they could still run different scams such as illicit data collection, phishing scams, and malware distribution.
You’d do well to withhold specific information. Cash-out your earnings to mobile wallets, never send your IDs, and steer clear of apps asking for your full Social Security Number.
Making Most of the Gig Economy
This list includes just some of the top money-earning apps. Use it as a starting point when researching feasible, lucrative earning opportunities online and offline.
Overall, strive to find an app that suits you. Instead of blindly signing up for trendy platforms, choose one that meets your income goal, matches your skillset, and aligns with your availability.
Also, don’t fear failure. Most of these apps have low barriers to entry, so you can keep exploring your options without compromising your financial resources.